Guide for HTPC

Soldato
Found the problem!

The AVSForums guide sets up a script for Avisynth to improve the quality of DVD playback through ffdshow, and this is being applied to HD content too, so the CPU can't cope.

I've tried turning off all filters bar ffdshow audio and CoreAVC in MPC, but when I check the filters in use, ffdshow video still shows up?

I can manually enable/disable it every time I change formats, but that'll be a right pain, any way to set my filters up so it uses the appropriate ones for the format being played?

Soldato
OP
Found the problem!

The AVSForums guide sets up a script for Avisynth to improve the quality of DVD playback through ffdshow, and this is being applied to HD content too, so the CPU can't cope.

I've tried turning off all filters bar ffdshow audio and CoreAVC in MPC, but when I check the filters in use, ffdshow video still shows up?

I can manually enable/disable it every time I change formats, but that'll be a right pain, any way to set my filters up so it uses the appropriate ones for the format being played?

ffdshow is still showing up because you have got the ffdshow "raw" feature enabled. My understanding is that this is used so that ffdshow processes can still be applied, such as user specific features etc.

I personally dont use it. Its the last one on the ffdshow codecs list.

Soldato
ffdshow is still showing up because you have got the ffdshow "raw" feature enabled. My understanding is that this is used so that ffdshow processes can still be applied, such as user specific features etc.

I personally dont use it. Its the last one on the ffdshow codecs list.

So if I uncheck that, will all of the other processing options I've set still work?

Soldato
quick question regarding the TV series plugin, I pressume I need to create a login account for thetvdb.com? reason I ask is I had a quick play around with it late lastnight and I could not get any info downloaded from thetvdb, kept getting unable to find matching series.

cheers

Man of Honour
Finally got everything and just setting it up now.

I'm assuming I will need anydvd HD to play blu-ray due to stupid HDCP? Is there many BD that aren't protected and will just play?

Only got windows7 on there at the moment and it looks sweet on a 37" smasung.. Can't wait to see what BD is like.

Soldato
To get rid of that message just edit the reference.xml in the skin folder file to show the correct version. For instance if using Media Portal 1.0 then it must show the version...

If using the latest SVN version then it must show...

Back
Top Bottom