Guide for HTPC

just tried event ghost, its as easy as a cheap hooker!

Dingleberry can you send me your xml file file please, would be easier for me, my brain hurts so much today?

Would you mind e-mailing it to deanbeamish at googlemail com ????

I would love you long time if you did.

PS: photoshop - eventghost seems like the way forward! Here is a link to the guide im reading about it.

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38579&highlight=mce+remote+support

It has a media player classic plugin already built in!

Does it work with WMPC and Kmplayer with all the functions (Play/pause/ffd/rwd)?

Whats wrong with mediaplayer 11? I can get that working with mce remote & MP.

WMP 11 is good. I've compared WMPC, WMPC-HC, KMPlayer, WMP 11 and MediaPortal and its only MP which is the odd one out.

If WMP 11 can be controlled just like MP's built in player (play, pause, ffd & rwd in steps, stop and close WMP11) within MP then its a win win situation.

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh eventghost wipes out mediaportal & mce support. I think you will have to install the mediaportal plugin inside eventghost lol...... i dont think its worth it :p

im just gonna adjust levels in ffdshow if i think its to bright :p

All this remote business has made my head hurt, enough is enough. I'm calling it a day.

I don't blame you. I tried for yonks in the past and eventually gave up. Its just not worth the headache.

Very interesting read - got a few questions if you don't mind...

There's no mention of TV - are you using a separate solution for this such as Sky+ and the HTPC is purely for other media files? I'm using VMC myself for TV as I like it but am looking at using MediaPortal for other files.

You say you're using Mediaplayer Classic - do you mean you have MediaPortal set to use this for playback rather than the built-in player? If so, how well does this work? Have you managed to get the MS Remote to control MPC well?

Im using my HTPC purely for file-based playback so that's divx/xvid/avi/h264 material.

At the moment im just using KMplayer as an external player within MP and not using MP's own built in player. MP's own built in player is giving me seriously problems. Here are just to name a few:

- The playback of files is rubbish, applies some sort of overlay which makes the image lighter. Plus the image is more pixaleted.

- Serious stuttering when playing at 24hz making it unwatchable

- Stuttering on panning shots when playing at 60hz

- Sound goes out of sync when i ffd or pause.

- Sound is choppy when using SPDIF Out making it unwatchable

Non of this occurs with KMplayer.

The only thing i haven't managed to do is map controls to the MCE remote when using KMplayer or MPC.

To be honest with you im thinking of dropping MP all together and going back to the old fashioned way of just launching files in explorer

ok real progress now. kmplayer works in eventghost via the winamp plugin. Just need to add some more commands like DVD menu & i think we will have something workable.

Is it working?????
I dont need DVD Menu - i just need Play, Pause, Stop, FFD in steps, RWD in steps, and Exit

What about WMP Classic or WMPC - Home Cinema Edition?

Last edited:
get the latest eventghost http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

enable mce plugin, mediaportal - mediaportal needs messages plugin installed in mediaportal to work.

Remember to turn off mce remote support inside mediaportal. eventghost handles this now.

kmplayer can be found here: http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=993

Copy the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\

then enable it inside eventghost.

Then you gotta map all the keys lolz

Map all the keys???
Doesn't the plugin do that?

What a carry on :mad:

Copy KMplayer and the plugins in to C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\?

Last edited:
in event ghost add the mce: remote plugin & the media portal plugin. when it asks do you want to add actions to the configurations click yes/ok. Got a link for these Plugins?

Secondly, download the message plguin for media portal and install it, that then enables eventghost to work with mediaportal. Got a link for message plugin?

Thirdly, make sure the Mce remote support is switched OFF in mediaportal.

That will get the MCE remote working inside mediaportal when using eventghost.

Forthly, Install the kmplayer & leave the winamp plugin running, the winamp plugin sort of works with kmplayer, thus saving on some key mapping. What do you mean Keep the Winamp Plugin running?

Fifthly, map the remote presses to the kmplayer plugin. I think you only need ones like DVD menu, skip & fast forward. all you do is drag the starred remote action from the left panel next to the designed program action on the right panel. Dead simple :)

EDIT: PHOTOSHOP - if I get all this working, would it be easier if I sent you the xml file, that way u dont have to worry about mapping it yourself. I'll do it all. Just tell me what buttons you need to work on the remote for kmplayer!! Play, Pause, Stop, FWD, REW, and Skip to exit KMplayer

See above.

Back
Top Bottom