Guide for HTPC

OK, think I have this nailed now! I'm thinking I can even do a media player classic one now I know what I'm doing!!

Ahh thats great news!!! Sure will help me and a lot of other folk out here. Great work man!!!!

Maybe you can do a step by step tutorial and add links to where the applications and plugins can be downloaded from.

yeh, ill gladly do it and post my guide around ocuk, avforums, missingremote, project htpc, avsforums :) I need some internet loving.

KMplayer commands are nailed.

Now gonna start work on media player classic.

LINK TO MESSAGE PLUGIN NEEDED FOR MEDIAPORTAL >> http://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,fileinfo/id,238/

Can you do this bit, so I know u atleast have nce remote working with event ghost and mediaportal before we start toying with kmplayer and media player classic.???

Code:
get the latest eventghost http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

enable mce plugin, mediaportal - mediaportal needs messages plugin installed in mediaportal to work.

Remember to turn off mce remote support inside mediaportal. eventghost handles this now.

Im still at work mate and will not be home for a few hours yet. I'll do it later on tonight :)

the mediaportal and MCE remote plugin :)

you have to download the kmplugin from the link a posted a page or two back

ahh you mean the kmplugin?
I thought the MP and MCE remote plugin were 2 different ones

It may worth while if we could have some global settings for KMP and WMP Classic and WMPC Home Cinema when using MCE Remote. This will keep things nice and easy and allow most users to have the basic functions. The rest can be mapped later.

I've included a pic. If these buttons could work with the above mentioned players within MPortal then it will simplify things a lot.

The "direction", "back", "OK" and "Info" keys can remain the same so that these can be used to navigate within mediaportal.

Last edited:
one final one, remember to install the message plugin inside mediaportal!

Installation
-------------------
Place MessagePlugin.dll in the MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\ folder.
Place MessagePlugin.xml in the MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Defaults\ folder.
Import MessagePlugin.hip into HIP.
Configure MediaPortal.
- Disable any remote plugins.
- Enable and configure MessagePlugin.

Does the hip file go into EventGhost's directory?
Do i just bin the other files in that zip (.cs, csproj, .cs files)

I use LMRemote at the moment to map my "Green Button". Im assuming i can just get rid of that now and let EventGhost handle that for me...???

Last edited:
yep :). not tried WMPC as it weas crashing today for some reason. I think kmplayer is better after looking at them closely today. Kmplayer responds better to FFW and RW commands.

EDIT: oh yeh nd kmplayer has a nice "cycle all aspect ratio" button

Excellent work my friend!
Looks like MediaPortal is here to stay after all.

Heres the error report also:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "EventGhost.pyw", line 34, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
import Cli
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Cli.py", line 131, in <module>
e.BringToFront()
File "<COMObject {7EB106DC-468D-4345-9CFE-B0021039114B}>", line 2, in BringToFront
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, u'Python COM Server Internal Error', u"Unexpected Python Error: <class 'wx._core.PyDeadObjectError'>: The C++ part of the MainFrame object has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.", None, 0, -2147467259), None)
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
eg.RegisterPlugin(
NameError: name 'eg' is not defined
eg.RegisterPlugin(
eg.RegisterPlugin(

Oxy:

No luck mate :(
I can control MP just fine but the only function that works in MPC is "Stop". Cant try KMP because it crashes inside MP.

Tried both of them in explorer and i get no response from KMP and only "Stop" works in MPC.

I tried StreamMP skin but although it was gorgeous it just wasn't for me.
I like to have my Movies split by extension. So All DivX, XviD and AVI in one folder. All MKV's in another folder. Monochrome Lists the folders and i choose which one i want to browse. Some of you might think that's weird but i have this because i also use my PS3's to stream DivX/Xvid and sometimes i might have the same movie in two different formats (divx to stream to PS3 and mkv to play on HTPC). Plus i have over 200 movies so monochrome shows me more on the list view where moving pictures shows me less.

Its much better looking that Monochrome thats for sure.

Last edited:
well i had another play with EventGhost today for a few hours and didn't manage to set it up.

What i've done is adjuct the levels in MediaPortal so that the DivX/XviD and MKV's do not have a light over lay on them. Edited the settings in ffdshow and coreavc so now movies look much better.

But that has knocked off the levels in KMP and MPC. Its proper strange!
Leaving ffdshow and coreavc to default levels means movies look like they should in KMP/MPC but not in MP. Adjusting the levels so that they look good in MP means they look rubbish in KMP/MPC. Its doing my head in but for the time being they are looking how they should in MP.

What i've realized is that the brightness needs to be around -13 in coreavc and -15 in ffdshow for movies in MP.
They should be on 0, default or Off for KMP/MPC.

Its just a shame that i cant set "presets" in ffdshow and coreavc so that they apply one set of levels for MP and another for KMP/MPC.

Found this excellent guide for ffdshow settings for xvid/divx files which many should find herlpful: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=922773&page=2

Last edited:
Could someone tell me if they have successfully got moving pictures set up on a 1080p screen because on mine it looked out of place and text was over lapping. From what i can gather its not 16:9

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom