***Guide To Redeeming Digital Movies***

Soldato
OP
Movies anywhere have decided to add FandangoNOW to their supported retailers, good for cheaper films and also good for movies that don't link through VUDU with MA. :)

You need a VPN/Proxy to view and buy through FandangoNOW. :)

cXgtykp.jpg

Associate
Clov, on the apple TV. Do you just watch stuff that ports to iTunes, or do you also have a vudu app and I'd assume vpn? Don't have an atv, but will possibly get on down the line.

Soldato
OP
Clov, on the apple TV. Do you just watch stuff that ports to iTunes, or do you also have a vudu app and I'd assume vpn? Don't have an atv, but will possibly get on down the line.
I’ve got the Movies Anywhere app on my Apple 4K TV but I can’t get VUDU working, I’ve tried a few methods but none have worked for me so far but it’s definitely doable. :)

Associate
I’ve got the Movies Anywhere app on my Apple 4K TV but I can’t get VUDU working, I’ve tried a few methods but none have worked for me so far but it’s definitely doable. :)

Cheers, are you able to even download the app? from what i've seen online people are just airplaying the vudu app from tablets ect. Trying to sort something out so i have an all in one solution and not multiple boxes under the tv.

Soldato
OP
Cheers, are you able to even download the app? from what i've seen online people are just airplaying the vudu app from tablets ect. Trying to sort something out so i have an all in one solution and not multiple boxes under the tv.
Yeah, i have the VUDU app installed on my Apple 4K TV. :)

5nFXrzHh.jpg

Soldato
Hi Clov!s thanks for posting this up, I've just got myself an Apple TV 4K and using your guide, and the Streisand VPN project signed up, purchased and redeemed about 10 films, including the Greatest Showman which has kept the kids very happy today.

Soldato
OP
Hi Clov!s thanks for posting this up, I've just got myself an Apple TV 4K and using your guide, and the Streisand VPN project signed up, purchased and redeemed about 10 films, including the Greatest Showman which has kept the kids very happy today.
Awesome, glad you got it working ok. :)

I always check the Google+ community first for films, they seem to offer the best prices, link is in the first post. :)

Soldato
OP
@Clov!s is this the best/cheapest one to get for Black Panther, presume it redeems in 4K on iTunes?

The others seem to be $12 and $20 for '4K' but presume iTunes still dishing out 4K versions with the HD codes?

https://hdmoviecodes.com/products/black-panther-itunes-hd
Unfortunately, Apple have stopped all Disney/Marvel films showing 4K through the Apple TV, only way to get 4K digitally is through VUDU. :( Either that or buy the 4K Blu-ray disk. :(

I have a HD code for Black Panther that you can have, have you setup VUDU?

Soldato
OP
A small update, Avengers: Infinity War will be available digitally hopefully by the end of June, also Ready Player One and a Quiet Place are available in 12 days. :)

Soldato
A small update, Avengers: Infinity War will be available digitally hopefully by the end of June, also Ready Player One and a Quiet Place are available in 12 days. :)

You sure mate? Where are you looking?

Earliest I can see Avenger codes is 4th August and Ready Player One 14th July?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You sure mate? Where are you looking?

Earliest I can see Avenger codes is 4th August and Ready Player One 14th July?
Ah I just re read what I wrote, I did mean July. :) I’ve preordered a code and should get it by the 24th of July to redeem through VUDU, iTunes should be showing it by the 31st of July. :)

Ready player one is available digitally July the 3rd. :)

Soldato
OP
Clov!s, I assume you are using a VPN to run VUDU on your AppleTV?
Haven’t tried a VPN, I’ve read altering the DNS settings on your Apple TV is the best option for getting VUDU to work. :)

For me personally I couldn’t get it to work and I’ve left it, I could try altering my settings when logged into my router but haven’t yet, I will do though as there’s a few UHD films in my VUDU collection that haven’t ported over to iTunes. :)

Soldato
I've just tried Getflix as a DNS service and that seems to work on both the PC to give access to the app and on the appletv. Give it a go with the 14 day trial and see how you get on. I've just streamed The Last Jedi in 4K HDR and that works ok on the AppleTV.

Back
Top Bottom