Guild Wars 2

I'm so far behind on this game. I bought it when it was released and I think I have the first two expansions. It's just a pity that whenever I log in I've completely forgotten everything about the game, then get bored and log out again.

The expansion trailer amused me though as all I saw when I watched it was Dalaran disappearing from the Alterac Mountains and reappearing in Northrend :)

Last edited:
^^ Exactly the same - got the game at release and levelled 4 characters to 50 in a fortnight. Could never figure out pvp and the dungeons were way too hard. Downloaded the game again few times since but can't get back into it and never know what to do or where to go so just uninstall

Same position. I loved the concept of the game, bought it at launch and played it a lot but some design aspects fell flat and I drifted away. Haven't played it for years, but some of the newer expansions look cool and there still seems to be a dedicated player base. Are the starter zones dead since most players will be playing the high level zones ? That's how it felt a few months after launch.

Same position. I loved the concept of the game, bought it at launch and played it a lot but some design aspects fell flat and I drifted away. Haven't played it for years, but some of the newer expansions look cool and there still seems to be a dedicated player base. Are the starter zones dead since most players will be playing the high level zones ? That's how it felt a few months after launch.
I started playing gw2 8 days ago with a brand new character and the starter areas are far from dead. Plenty of people still in the early starter zones.

Also a new dlc just dropped.

You can now build your own homestead

Same here - been too long without a good MMORPG, hoping Ashes of Creation scratches that itch when it releases

Same here - been too long without a good MMORPG, hoping Ashes of Creation scratches that itch when it releases
I was doing a dungeon in the early levels of the game last night and had so much fun.

Trust me the game may not have wow numbers but there's plenty of people playing it in the starter levels. Give it a go. It will keep u occupied until Ashes comes out

Actually started this a few weeks ago and finished Living World Season 1 at the weekend. I’d tried it a few times in the past but didn’t stick with it for more than a couple of evenings.

I’m having fun, but they really need a dungeon finder of some sort. Took 3 evenings to find a group to do one of the dungeons in story mode (lvl 75 one I think).

^^ Exactly the same - got the game at release and levelled 4 characters to 50 in a fortnight. Could never figure out pvp and the dungeons were way too hard. Downloaded the game again few times since but can't get back into it and never know what to do or where to go so just uninstall
Sums up my experience :)

I adored the first game. I felt the second just didn't have the same feeling. I can remember I maxed out one character, but quickly got bored and have never went back. Is it any good now? Did they ever explain the dragons from the first game? I can remember one was in ice and seemed to be defrosting :D

I do remember playing the original Guild Wars quite solidly for probably 4 years. I've had Guild Wars 2 since release day but haven't played it anywhere near as much. I'm not sure if that's down to the amount of games I have now or just something lacking in the game, though I suspect it's a fair bit of both.

I do dip in and out every now and again and do have the first 2 (maybe 3) expansions, but it clearly doesn't hold my interest enough. Then again I'm a lot less sociable online than I used to be and prefer solo campaign games :).

I do remember playing the original Guild Wars quite solidly for probably 4 years. I've had Guild Wars 2 since release day but haven't played it anywhere near as much. I'm not sure if that's down to the amount of games I have now or just something lacking in the game, though I suspect it's a fair bit of both.

I do dip in and out every now and again and do have the first 2 (maybe 3) expansions, but it clearly doesn't hold my interest enough. Then again I'm a lot less sociable online than I used to be and prefer solo campaign games :).
You can solo in gw2

Nightfall was awesome, but GW peaked with Eye of the North if you ask me. Just couldn't get into GW2 despite trying several times and have no idea why, although it does seem to have some longevity being some 12 years old now.

I remember playing an invincible monk build in GW1 doing paid dungeon runs. It was a rewarding challenge. I had so much wealth in the end that I could afford to buy the most expensive dragon staff in the game. It cost quite a few ectoplasm.

Back
Top Bottom