• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Guru3D - Metro Exodus PC Performance Review

Soldato
Lol, no. Nothing will fix the DLSS blur because it's not a bug, it's just how it is.
I think we have to see on this, blurrily :), and see if it does improve as the AI (new hire graduates desperately trying to improve it :) ) improves things. No seriously, it will be interesting to see if it improves as the AI becomes trained and NV update the software as they have said will happen.

When's Metro out anyway? I thought it was today?

Soldato
DLSS is just a lower res image up-scaled to bodge more FPS, it's as good as it's going to get. When you do that the image goes blurry. Consoles have been doing it forever.

The whole "AI learning" blahblah is the man in the terminator jacket talking rubbish.

Caporegime
OP
I think we have to see on this, blurrily :), and see if it does improve as the AI (new hire graduates desperately trying to improve it :) ) improves things. No seriously, it will be interesting to see if it improves as the AI becomes trained and NV update the software as they have said will happen.

When's Metro out anyway? I thought it was today?

Tomorrow, unlocks 5am :)

Soldato
Seems a patch was released for Metro an hour ago. Does it fix the DLSS blur?

Found the patch note:

PC Specific Updates:
  • Tuned HDR saturation
  • RTX Improvements / Bug Fixing
  • Added DLSS Support
  • Additional HUD removal options (coming soon to console) when playing in Ranger Mode
  • Added Motion Blur options (coming soon to console)

Additional PC Fixes Since Review Code Was Sent:
  • Fixed Locking of player input after scene of rescuing Yermak
  • Removed v-sync option from benchmark launcher
  • Tuning and fixes for Atmos audio system
  • Fixed memory corruption in DX12
  • Fixed crash on launching game on old AMD CPUs
  • Fixed crash after changing of resolution and Shading Rate to 4k/4x on Video cards with 2Gb and less
  • Fixed blurred UI when DLSS is enabled
  • Fixed visual artifacts for RTX high mode
  • Fixed input lock in when patching gas mask during combat
  • Fixed forcing to V-Sync on after alt-tabbing the game running at maximal available resolution for the monitor
  • Fixed crash when pressing ALT + Tab during start videos
  • Fixed forcing of V-SYNC mode if the game resolution is different than the desktop
  • DLSS can be applied in the Benchmark
  • Tuned DLSS sharpness to improve image quality
  • Updated learned data for DLSS to improve image quality with DLSS on
https://www.metrothegame.com/news/patch-notes-summary/

We shall find out later to see if DLSS blur will be fix possible through DLSS sharpness or new DLSS software update.

Don
Well, it is lol

They can add all the sharpening effects they like, but it will never look as good as native res. Then theres the fact that simply using a lower resolution manually still gives a clearer image and runs better.

You are making a lot of claims recently, do you have anything to back this up or are you just trolling?

Soldato
You are making a lot of claims recently, do you have anything to back this up or are you just trolling?

Err because that is how it works and it's very clearly dedegrading the image quality?

It's a very long winded way of turning down the render scale by about 25% (but actually with worse results). If Nvidia told their fanboys they needed to do that to run RTX smoothly, even more toys would be out of the pram than are already.

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest, with the disappointing implementation of DLSS into BF5 this week i am slightly reluctant to chuck another 40 or 50 quid into another game that suffers with the same blur at 4K.

If the frame rate at 4K with RTX on and DLSS off is acceptable then i will happily shell out but i have a feeling this isn't going to be the case.

I will reluctantly play at 1440 but on my 4K monitor it just looks washed out, pretty much like 4K with DLSS on to be honest. Not sure which is worse......

Don
Err because that is how it works and it's very clearly dedegrading the image quality?

In its current state it may not look the best. But you are massively underplaying how DLSS works with such statements you have previously used in this thread. Kitguru has quite a good short article on it. Unless you want to keep saying it is a lower resolution image up scaled without the rest of what happens.

Soldato
In its current state it may not look the best. But you are massively underplaying how DLSS works with such statements you have previously used in this thread. Kitguru has quite a good short article on it. Unless you want to keep saying it is a lower resolution image up scaled without the rest of what happens.

Ok they throw in some anti-aliasing with the up-scaled image. Which only adds to the blurryness.

Soldato
Well, it is lol

They can add all the sharpening effects they like, but it will never look as good as native res. Then theres the fact that simply using a lower resolution manually still gives a clearer image and runs better.

Ok they throw in some anti-aliasing with the up-scaled image. Which only adds to the blurryness.

That isn't what is happening at all, it's inferring the image from reference. There's no temporal filter added. If you're going to boycott something at least do some groundwork first.

That isn't to say I'm impressed with the current implementation in BFV, it simply doesn't work very well.

Soldato
@LoadsaMoney :p

XBF7JkumHD8

Back
Top Bottom