Guy asks girl out at work, twitter kicks off...

Soldato
This is what really ***** me off about all this modern gender neutrality, equal opportunities and discrimination.

It's fine when it suits people.

And then this happens, it's the "poor innocent woman victim", and the "male sexual predator".

If it has been a woman sending this email to a male, this would have been a complete non issue.
Lmao you got an issue with equal opportunities and discrimination? Are you okay in the head?

These are hardly “woke” things.

Caporegime
I didn't bother to screenshot them, but two of the replies (one older female and one younger one) went along the lines of 'Euw, it's not OK to make advances on someone just because you happen to share a space or workplace with them - that's what dating apps are for', and 'I'm older, but even I know this is disgusting. Just because a person is often in the same place as you, doesn't mean you get to make advances towards them'.

I'm left wondering how these people think procreation has proceeded for the last few millennia, before the Internet was a thing? Or how it's meant to continue to happen in the presence of it? If you can't develop a relationship with a member of the opposite sex you find attractive, and who is in your personal orbit, because they happen to be in your social or workplace proximity... how exactly are you? It used to be a case of meeting that guy/girl at work, someone from the local gym, or the amazing person you keep bumping into at $location. If it's not a case of 'Find hot $opposite_sex and make advances > If successful $procreate' I don't know what it is?!

I thought dating apps objectified women, and rendered them faceless and disposable meat for the sexual grinder of the misogynistic, aggressive and toxic patriarchy? Or is Tinder OK when they find it convenient, like 'Euw don't suggest I use Tinder, that's objectifying! But euw, don't approach me in the real world that's what apps are for'?

The guy was clearly an awkward doofus, who should have engaged his brain and not randomly asked out a woman at his workplace - at least what appears to be out of the blue and over work email. But did this really necessitate anything other than 'Sorry I'm not interested, and it's not really appropriate to approach me at work like this'?

I haven’t seen any of the exchanges but I completely agree with you here, this whole dating scene thing now seems completely warped and you only ever approach a woman via a dating app otherwise you are rapey creep who wears womens heads in the dark in your mums basement.

Associate
I think this shows that us men are progressive and that we are moving in the right direction. If this was late 90's early 2000's there would have been a dick pick attached. :D

Soldato
It seems someone realised that drawing international attention to yourself and causing a ****storm by calling out socially inept colleagues without context, while publishing privileged work emails, is probably a no-no if you want to be a doctor. One of the comments recommended reporting to the GMC the poor soppy bugger who sent the email! :cry: New tweet about how she was bullied off the Internet by toxic misogynists in 3, 2...

Soldato
But it’s not really bitterness is it? I’d wager that most women in that situation would be fawning over the person if they were a hot guy
It's real easy to spot the people in this thread that have no idea how to behave around women.

The people that whine about attractive people having an easy life in my experience are typically overweight, scruffy nerds with BO problems.

90% of 'attractiveness' is just a combination of how a person behaves, and how much effort they put into their physique and appearance.

Caporegime
It's real easy to spot the people in this thread that have no idea how to behave around women.

The people that whine about attractive people having an easy life in my experience are typically overweight, scruffy nerds with BO problems.

90% of 'attractiveness' is just a combination of how a person behaves, and how much effort they put into their physique and appearance.

Lol I’m not sure if you’re trying to lump me in with that category or not

fez

fez

Caporegime

You can't be serious here can you? 90% of attractiveness is how you look. The other 10% is having some basic level of grooming.

I think you have been watching too many 90's American teen movies where they take a 9/10 girl and put them in frumpy clothes and nerd glasses.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Lmao you got an issue with equal opportunities and discrimination? Are you okay in the head?

These are hardly “woke” things.

If I am reading it correctly, hes pointing out the fact that we don't have an equal opportunities and treatment society, we have one where certain people take advantage of these things to get ahead and "play the system". I know very few people who don't agree that everyone should be treated equally but I also know plenty of people who are not treated equally because they are not the right "group".

Soldato

Na i’d say its the other way round, 90% is genetics and the 10% is how you present yourself.

Soldato
If you think that 'most women' would be going weak at the knees if a good-looking bloke propositioned them in a work e-mail....then yes.

I think the only person who isn’t be a realist is you. If she found the guy attractive and he still approached her in an unprofessional manner, you can guarantee the outcome would have been different.

No one is saying it’s OK to approach someone at work via email in this manner. But what’s obviously ridiculous is rather than rebuffing the guy and dealing it with like a rational person, this lady decided to post it all over Twitter. Apparently a guy asking you out via email now means that academia is not a safe place for women. Sure. Ok.

Back
Top Bottom