Guy Martin to attempt Wall of Death world record - LIVE!

Soldato
He really wanted to go again just before the break there you could see that when he revved the bike in anger at the guy sorta cutting him off.

Thats the point where guys mentality of pushing it one more time can often come back to bite him so im glad they took the break there.

For his sake i hope he settles for that 78mph run, its nerve wrecking enough watching him road racing never mind this :)

Gripping tv tho

Man of Honour
You could see when he hit the top speeds on those runs the bike was starting to go, I'm not sure he'd have held out at a much higher speed to be honest.

Associate
I love the Britishness of it, just smashed the world record and he's standing there with his cuppa :) no whooping and jumping around

Soldato
You could literally see the adrenaline pumping the way he was talking at 100 words a minute after :D I think he's a little out of his comfort zone with the live TV thing (he's said before he's not in it for the fame and when racing he prefers to stay out the spotlight).

Soldato
He really wanted to go again just before the break there you could see that when he revved the bike in anger at the guy sorta cutting him off.

Thats the point where guys mentality of pushing it one more time can often come back to bite him so im glad they took the break there.

For his sake i hope he settles for that 78mph run, its nerve wrecking enough watching him road racing never mind this :)

Gripping tv tho

Yes he did want to go again but like you i'm very glad he didn't. I know he's been itching to use that bike for ages, but i really think he made the wrong choice for those second round of runs. You could see his own bike was pattering badly over the boards, where as the Indian was a lot more stable and planted. I think he may well have got 80mph had he used the Indian. Even so, that was one hell of a ride...................glad he got the record, but just as glad he came out of it safely.

Back
Top Bottom