Guy Martin to attempt Wall of Death world record - LIVE!

Man of Honour
Yes he did want to go again but like you i'm very glad he didn't. I know he's been itching to use that bike for ages, but i really think he made the wrong choice for those second round of runs. You could see his own bike was pattering badly over the boards, where as the Indian was a lot more stable and planted. I think he may well have got 80mph had he used the Indian. Even so, that was one hell of a ride...................glad he got the record, but just as glad he came out of it safely.

He said himself he had a total grey out on his final run, I'd say they made the right decision to stop him going again his chimp would have been going ****ing nuts telling him to do it the same way it told him to load the soapbox racer down with rocks which led to him totalling it on his final run but I imagine once he'd reigned it in even he'd say stopping there was the right choice.

Caporegime
Smashed it and tomorrow he will be back at work doing a normal days graft fixing trucks at moodys

http://www.moodyinternational.co.uk/

That's what makes it even more better :D

you know what i like, you can see him in the workshop pictures but there's no "GUY MARTIN LEADING OU TEAM OF etc" hes not even mentioned.

he must have had to have a word with the company to stop them trying to mil kthat for publicity.

Man of Honour
you know what i like, you can see him in the workshop pictures but there's no "GUY MARTIN LEADING OU TEAM OF etc" hes not even mentioned.

he must have had to have a word with the company to stop them trying to mil kthat for publicity.

The way he's talked about the owner in the book the last thing he's interested in is drawing any more attention to the fact Guy works there.

Soldato
fair does then.

His employer has had people call him and give him abuse because GM refused to give them an autograph when he was rushing around getting ready for a race etc. Also people turning up at his workplace to see him.

I wonder just what percentage of the public are simply not right in the head? Whatever the number is, it's far too many.

Man of Honour
It's a sad fact that as soon as someone becomes "famous" a large proportion of the public then think they somehow owe them something. The amount of arguments I've had doing security with people who think they have free reign to gain access to people is mental.

Soldato
Legend. Only Guy Martin can get away with a camel toe comment on live TV.

Adverts or not, I think it was a wise decision to halt any further runs. He nearly stacked it on the last one. I can't imagine trying to control a bike like that at nearly 80 mpg when pulling 6 G.

Caporegime
His employer has had people call him and give him abuse because GM refused to give them an autograph when he was rushing around getting ready for a race etc. Also people turning up at his workplace to see him.

I wonder just what percentage of the public are simply not right in the head? Whatever the number is, it's far too many.

Ahh that sucks.

I forget that there are so many ******** :/

Back
Top Bottom