Guy Ritchie's The Covenant

Soldato
Everything I've read so far about the cast/crew/director etc would normally have me excited to watch this, but something in the trailer just looks (and I can't really find the correct word to use here) "off" and I can't put my finger on what it is thats got my "war film" spidey-sense tingling.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It was a absolutely brilliant.. Guy Ritchie smashed it out of the park. Jake fantastic as always and Dar Salim was incredible. Fantastic screen presence.

9/10 from me.

Nice will defo check it out when its out! Thanks

Last edited:
Caporegime
I must confess, I didn't make it all the way though the last guy Ritchie film (operation something). Probably only the 2nd or 3rd movie in the last few years that I started and didn't finish, because it was so bad

Hopefully this one is a return to form (judging by the comments so far)

rp2000

I managed to get an invite to the premier of this, was sat next to Jake and the gang.
Enjoyed it quite a lot, however it still gave off the strange vibes of most movies released over the last few years of not quite hitting the mark, hard to explain but felt like almost a straight to DVD effort.
Was still good though, I'll give it a solid 7/10, points deducted for the shooting scenes, almost reminded me of an 80s action movie where they empty a mag and 10 soldiers are mowed down.

Last edited:
Associate
Thought it was a decent watch, good performances give it another notch over most action films.

Seemed quite high production values until the AC-130 turned up, for some reason with quite poor CGI.

Associate
Thought this was average at best myself, and it just felt as if I'd seen it all before tbh.

Agree with MT's straight to DVD comment too...and the gunfights.

Thought the music was a little overdramatic at times too.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Soldato
8.5/10

Great entertainment. I'm a JG fan so that helps. It had a decent plot with enough depth. Not loads but enough. Satisfying end too.

Loved the cinematography and soundtrack, it sounded absolutely phenomenal. 4k transfer was crisp.

Soldato
I really enjoyed it, I believed it was a real story and it felt like it should be. I was sadden to find out it wasn't, but GR did a good job writing something so believable..

Soldato
I really enjoyed it, I believed it was a real story and it felt like it should be. I was sadden to find out it wasn't, but GR did a good job writing something so believable..
On the flip side, hacksaw ridge. When I watched it I was like, nah, not a true story. Guess what, it was. This Covenant film, as you say, I thought it was a true story, but no, it was based on true facts during that war though. It should have been a true story

Back
Top Bottom