Poll: Gym Rats New Year Training Session 2012 *** Confirm Attendance please ***

Which date for some sweating and grunting? (MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL!)

• Total voters
Caporegime
What did you guys think of the gym? It's like 5 min walk from were I work so might join. Antheroption is the gym group which ishalf the price but with rubbish free weights.

Temple? It's good, but again there isn't much room for free weights.

We ended up deadlifting in the squat rack for instance. Best bet is to go down there one day and take a peak and ask for a tour really.

There are a LOT of machines though, so it will do the job, just personally i'd prefer a free weights area bigger than a square meter :p

Man of Honour
If you're after no nonsense training and focus on bodybuilding, it's great. If you want more from a gym, with better chances for strength training disciplines then I would go elsewhere.

If there were more racks, and more free weight areas then I'd say it's perfect - but it's just too machine and bodybuilding focused rather than powerlifting, strength oriented IMO.

Soldato
I loved it, loved the atmosphere, loved the people there (except the guy who stole the clips from me and Steeds!) and thought it'd make a great place to train. IF it wasn't often busy (no idea how bad it gets as we were there on a weekend) as there's only one place to do olympic lifts, and IF I was a socialable person. I think you really have to be able to rock up and be able to talk to people/help/receive help from others if you want to make the most of that place.

if you train alone, just go somewhere commercial.

Soldato
Well I knew you would be FF, you're like a flourishing flower that wants to be seen by the world.................
gayfight.gif

Back
Top Bottom