Poll: Gym Rats New Year Training Session 2012 *** Confirm Attendance please ***

Which date for some sweating and grunting? (MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL!)

• Total voters
:D but why else would I wear vests?

Seriously though, the last time you criticised a bodypart of mine was my triceps, and I made sure I put some serious effort into them to bring them up, now I consider them one of my stronger points. So, hopefully I can do the same with shoulders :cool:

I've only really got FF's C&PP filmed, which was at 60kg, 80kg, 100kg and 110kg (fail ;D) - but I don't know how I can upload straight from my iPhone? Any ideas? Can a YouTube account go from iPhone -> website?

You can send videos directly to youtube from the phone, but naturally you need a youtube / gnail account

I just had a chance to go through the pictures Freefaller posted properly

Every time I see a picture of myself in my gym gear, it's like "Do I even lift?" :(

The mane is awesome though, Skillmister pulled it off well :D And the group shot is awesome :D

Oh hush now! You're wayyy bigger than me, so shh!

Hopefully i'll get some definition going for the next meet! Atleast it's another goal to psuh myself

Steeds mate, your arms looked massive. Only reason they don't in the pic of me benching is 'cause of the angle your arm is at; tensing neither bi or tri. Don't be so harsh on yourself, you're a unit :cool:

Group shot definitely sums it up for me though. Was great to meet so many awesome and like-minded people :)

P.S. "Dribbler" :cool:

I just had a chance to go through the pictures Freefaller posted properly

Every time I see a picture of myself in my gym gear, it's like "Do I even lift?" :(

The mane is awesome though, Skillmister pulled it off well :D And the group shot is awesome :D

You can see in the 2nd pic just how much power the mane gave me. Couldn't control myself!

Just noticed me in the corner of the pic with monkee benching. Definitely on the doyouevenlift time there

Loldribbler.

I use a photobucket app to upload straight from my iPhone.

The gf took the pee a little as well until I showed her the pics and she realised you were all normal! Lol.

And milgo, you made that 60kg OHP look soooo easy. Unit!

:D but why else would I wear vests?

Seriously though, the last time you criticised a bodypart of mine was my triceps, and I made sure I put some serious effort into them to bring them up, now I consider them one of my stronger points. So, hopefully I can do the same with shoulders :cool:

Hope you didn't take my comments as criticism, more of aesthetic guidance! :o

To be honest everyone there had some decent definition - flash photography in such an environment isn't that great for showing it up.

What's great is that after all these years chatting on here, we've actually had a work out together. Next time if we have a less hardcore gym we can have a bit more "fun", do some more form checks, do a few more competitions. That's the one thing about the gym rats thread/meet - people put their money where their mouths are - there's no fakers or wannabes here.

I've got uber DOMS today! haha!

My shoulder is screwed though - I shouldn't have gone so heavy on bench :(

Ha mate, my squatting was horrendous. Loaded it up to 100kg (I've managed 5x5 and 2x10 at that weight before!) and I managed what, 3 reps?! Seriously the lack of food and different time of training totally knocked me for 6 on Saturday. I'll have to carb up before the next meet thumbsup.jpg

Just what I'm conditioned for I think. I've been training at like 4:15pm religiously 3 times a week for like 6 months. Where-as I could count the times I've trained at noon on one hand! I do better training at 6:30 in the morning :p

Just what I'm conditioned for I think. I've been training at like 4:15pm religiously 3 times a week for like 6 months. Where-as I could count the times I've trained at noon on one hand! I do better training at 6:30 in the morning :p

I'm normally training at 5:15pm also :o Dunno, just felt nicer, more energy I suppose.

By the time i've done a full days work sometimes my minds not quite there

Found a picture of my gym. Can just see the edge of the squat rack on the left, then theres the bench and smith machine out of shot. So you can see how small the free weights area is

Bqh1O.jpg

Quite smart though skillmister. Can you come backwards onto the floor a bit to do lifts?

Time of day etc has a big impact on me too. I train best in the evening I think. I do shift work so it changes every week. On nights I will sometimes train at 3am on my "lunch" break. Feels nasty though.

My lodger bought me this print recently:
IMG_0342.jpg

Look familiar? :)

What did you guys think of the gym? It's like 5 min walk from were I work so might join. Antheroption is the gym group which ishalf the price but with rubbish free weights.

Back
Top Bottom