Poll: Gym Rats New Year Training Session 2012 *** Confirm Attendance please ***

Which date for some sweating and grunting? (MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL!)

• Total voters
Right you lot

Here's the plan

Parking

Parking.jpg

The 1 on the map :)

37 Temple Street,
Birmingham,
B2 5DP

As you can see, pretty close. And it's an underground car park. Can't find prices anywhere. And don't know how busy it usually is so try to get there before lunchtime, I'm aiming to get there about 11 at the latest

If that one is full, then there's these. Not sure on types of parking but it only shows decent size parking so should be ok

Parking2.jpg

Gym

Temple Gym,
16 Temple Street,
Birmingham,
B2 5BY

It's £5 for entry and we've got the all clear. However, out of respect to the regulars, we'll split up into smaller groups for the majority so as not to take too much room up.

We intend to be here for about 60-90 minutes and no more really, so no texting your mates in-between sets, "OMG I'm stood next to Steedie and his arms are the biggest thing ever!!1111", that will have to wait :p
We'll make sure plenty of photos are taken.

Also, please post your real names up or email me (in trust) and I'll bring them all along with a little sticker for you all :p, bit embarrassing referring to each other by our forum names.

Food

Nandos.jpg

Nandos - The Mailbox,
105 Wharfside Street,
Birmingham,
B1 1RF

9 minute walk!!

I know lads, I know, but it will be ok. Our pre workout shakes will keep us going until then. And then it's eating Nandos and protein rich chicken until we burst

And after that, it's pretty much home time, unless we decide to do anything else

Enjoy it everyone, it's going to be an immense day!

Last edited:
Oh I know yours :) and I'll prove it when I whisper sweet nothings in your ear mid set

I know a fair few, I meant for the others more

I'm Toby for the record :)

Last edited:
Can someone bring me an early birthday present and bring me some post workout stuff, anything carbs/protein shake wise.

Just realised I left mine at work and won't be able to get it in the morning :(

Don't want my muscles to fall off after the session. Will pay whoever back with a rear glute spread

Was absolutely awesome, I loved it and we definitely definitely have to do it again

The gym made it awkward to do anything decent as it was so cramped even when quiet, but what we did do, I had a blast. Saw Wills set a new PB on his bench, and he definitely has a lot more room left to up that number, made 75kg look easy. We saw the anabolic eyepatch and mane, and what an awesome sight it was, and it was just all round good fun

And the chat around the table at Nandos fit in with the theme of the day and provided much entertainment. The term "dribbler" was introduced and caused me to laugh lots on the way home.

You're all awesome, and I have to say, all of you looked like you belonged in that gym, some seriously impressive lifts/physiques :)

I just had a chance to go through the pictures Freefaller posted properly

Every time I see a picture of myself in my gym gear, it's like "Do I even lift?" :(

The mane is awesome though, Skillmister pulled it off well :D And the group shot is awesome :D

:D but why else would I wear vests?

Seriously though, the last time you criticised a bodypart of mine was my triceps, and I made sure I put some serious effort into them to bring them up, now I consider them one of my stronger points. So, hopefully I can do the same with shoulders :cool:

Back
Top Bottom