Gymnastics

Soldato
They didnt get .7 more they got the .5 and it was nothing to do with him nearly falling over it was because of the difficulty of the dismount!

Caporegime
They didnt get .7 more they got the .5 and it was nothing to do with him nearly falling over it was because of the difficulty of the dismount!
No they werent, the commentators mentioned anything below .459 meant we kept silver - final ratings make it that Japan are at least .2 ahead of us so how you make that .5 I dont know...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
It's gutting for us and the Ukraine, but if the Japanese were scored wrongly then it's only fair that it was corrected. We'd want the same thing if in their position.

Still a fantastic achievement to get the bronze.

Caporegime

Not difficult I don't think, they originally gave it as a fall as in, a routine without a dismount which is an automatic 0.5 deduction, but because he actually was doing a dismount, just a very bad one, and because he landed on his feet, its just a terrible dismount, not a fall, meaning the 0.5 they deducted for no dismount was given back.

Huge shame, feel worse for the Ukranians than our boys though. I want to dislike the Japanese but ultimately they got what they deserved and

Caporegime
It's gutting for us and the Ukraine, but if the Japanese were scored wrongly then it's only fair that it was corrected. We'd want the same thing if in their position.

Still a fantastic achievement to get the bronze.
How is it a joke?? the Japanese guy got unfairly penalised for his dismount...the Japanese team had every right to put in a complaint and it worked for them. If the judge who penalised him hadnt been so harsh then there wouldnt be this overwhelming disappointment of us getting bronze instead of silver.
Completely agree - just wish we were given transparency on where those adjusted points were gained.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
I just hope everyone Boos the Japanese team on the podium. Complete BS.

Really?? what a poor poor loser you are.

Why should the Japanese get booed through no fault of their own. Say if it was GB that protested and got from 4th to 2nd...would it be ok for people to boo them??.

Hopefully none of our supporters will take that poor loser attitude and boo the Japanese when they go to the medal ceremony...it would really defeat the whole 'fair play' aspect of the Olympics.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Really?? what a poor poor loser you are.

Why should the Japanese get booed through no fault of their own. Say if it was GB that protested and got from 4th to 2nd...would it be ok for people to boo them??.

Hopefully none of our supporters will take that poor loser attitude and boo the Japanese when they go to the medal ceremony...it would really defeat the whole 'fair play' aspect of the Olympics.

I hate to say it but that's spot on fella. I even hope our crowd cheer them, if they deserved it then they deserved it :)

While i was typing that all i could hear was cheers for them. Good sportsmanship :)

Back
Top Bottom