Half Life 2 VR - upcoming mod

Soldato
i really hope it comes out..... but i have been waiting for a good halflife2 mod ever since getting a taste back in my DK2 days..... nibre's (and some other folks) mod looked really good (the guy who made the mother mod for alien isolation) but that seems like it has died now. (or is this the same one???)

I have almost given up and am at the "I will believe it when i see it" stage...... WFH are valve thinking not making it themselves....... esp now they have HL Alyx?

Associate
OP
i really hope it comes out..... but i have been waiting for a good halflife2 mod ever since getting a taste back in my DK2 days..... nibre's (and some other folks) mod looked really good (the guy who made the mother mod for alien isolation) but that seems like it has died now. (or is this the same one???)

I have almost given up and am at the "I will believe it when i see it" stage...... WFH are valve thinking not making it themselves....... esp now they have HL Alyx?
ah i remember HL1 VR version on my DK2 too if that's what you're talking about? Ravenholm :eek:....Good times...

About whether it will come out, in the reddit link I gave the person mainly responsible for the HL2VR mod does say that they've taken over from someone else, that they had a load of source code to work on, and have made some major changes & updates. Right now the mod is playable from the start of the game up until you get to driving the boat, so still a way to go yet.
Deffo progress has been made but yeh will it be finished?

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to Half-Life 2 VR.

The developers to-do list has some cool stuff they'll still be working on for a future release but this includes improved textures and lighting. I hope they don't work on that until last because there's already a mod that does that.

Associate
OP
i decided to get ready for this mod release by buying & installing the game although somewhere in the back of my mind i thought i already had it, i was a click away from buying it from a key reseller, decided to check the price on steam first, and it stated it's in my library! i already have it :D

installed it, whacked up the resolution and AA, vorpx'd it and it looks/plays pretty good, fingers crossed the vr mod should be even better. i tried a graphics mod but it didn't work, the game crashed. can anyone recommend a graphics upgrade mod? it must be 1 that doesn't use custom dll's otherwise it would conflict with the vr mod.

Back
Top Bottom