Half-Life: Alyx

Permabanned
I can't play certain parts of Arizona Sunshine, the cave/mine areas are really dark and it's pretty creepy in there.
Even Boneworks can get the heart racing. Going upto one of those crash dummies, poking it with a large stick, then running like f*ck when one of them jumps up and starts running at you.

I think this will sum me up, later tonight.
https://giphy.com/gifs/monty-python-run-away-the-holy-grail-e1Lv6Gvd8bFFC

Soldato
I can't play certain parts of Arizona Sunshine, the cave/mine areas are really dark and it's pretty creepy in there.
Even Boneworks can get the heart racing. Going upto one of those crash dummies, poking it with a large stick, then running like f*ck when one of them jumps up and starts running at you.

I think this will sum me up, later tonight.
https://giphy.com/gifs/monty-python-run-away-the-holy-grail-e1Lv6Gvd8bFFC

Ha! I actually played Arizona Sunshine in 2 player co-op (back to back in a small room), every now and again we'd brush past each other and **** it slightly!
(most "fun" I've had in co-op, not sure I'd have laughed in single player!)

Permabanned
Ha! I actually played Arizona Sunshine in 2 player co-op (back to back in a small room), every now and again we'd brush past each other and **** it slightly!
(most "fun" I've had in co-op, not sure I'd have laughed in single player!)

I have often wondered what it's like to play multiplayer in VR, you must have to take care not to hit or punch each other by accident. Would hate to let off a silent-but-deadly fart, then not say anything.

Soldato
I have often wondered what it's like to play multiplayer in VR, you must have to take care not to hit or punch each other by accident. Would hate to let off a silent-but-deadly fart, then not say anything.

Had to be very careful..
I was playing it with my missus last summer, it was that hot I was playing in my underwear...I have no clue what anyone walking into the room would have thought seeing the two of us, VR headset on, half naked and freaking out in a VR mine! (obviously no one else was in the house, but still...)

It was brilliant fun...(she's not into gaming at all, but we finished Arizona Sunshine in a couple of nights...)

Soldato
Be interesting to see the largest concurrent over the next 24hrs. VRFLGis already flagging 35k, not bad for a closed system. Considering they were championing doom at around 100k, id say VR is doing OK:)

Associate
I can't play yet, but bought it and pre-Loaded it to support this game and vr in general.
I hope other game developers see the sales and look at making more great vr games

Soldato
Anyway, quick review.

The opening scene on the Balcony, well, there is a lot of nostalgia at work, but standing there looking out on the Half Life world is just incredible.

And boy does it look fantastic. I am running it on the Rift S and everything looks amazing. I spent 10 minutes doing nothing just looking around.

It's very interesting the way they have done the movement and the jumping etc. It works pretty well. If you are worried about motion sickness, there is a teleport option. It's way easier on the stomach then Boneworks.

The Gravity gloves are a little finicky. But with practice you can pick up objects and catch them without any major problems.

The headcrab zombies are really well done.

Don't have any concerns about the game itself, story etc. Everything is as well done as it was in the original games.

If you love Half Life, but you have been on the fence about VR, this game is worth buying a headset for.

Soldato
I'm absolutely loving it, currently playing on Quest and streaming through wifi.

It looks incredible - lots of little details and probably some of the best VR graphics I've seen. Interaction with environment is insane, the physics of objects is very well done. Good humour in the game, but doesn't get in the way of my enjoying the atmosphere.

I've played maybe an hour so far and it's probably my most enjoyable VR experience to date.

Back
Top Bottom