Halflife 3 is coming! (to be shown at gamescon)

@ opethdisciple I think so too they changed gaming for the good when HL2 came out with source and all the cool mods on the engine physics started to come into games a lot more after G mod was released thanks to source so there going to want to show off something awesome with the next game if it ever happens, I'm still waiting for a HL Movie before all the perfect actors are too old doom came out so why not HL its got a much better story already there...

@ opethdisciple I think so too they changed gaming for the good when HL2 came out with source and all the cool mods on the engine physics started to come into games a lot more after G mod was released thanks to source so there going to want to show off something awesome with the next game if it ever happens, I'm still waiting for a HL Movie before all the perfect actors are too old doom came out so why not HL its got a much better story already there...

Excusing the atrocious wall of text, there isn't a HL movie yet as it'd give away the ending!.
Oh... and this isn't twitter, the @ thing doesn't work. use the quote button instead. :)

Pff rather have portal 3 tbh as them games are 10x better than hl :p

0/10 poor effort on trolling. :p

Excusing the atrocious wall of text, there isn't a HL movie yet as it'd give away the ending!.
Oh... and this isn't twitter, the @ thing doesn't work. use the quote button instead. :)

I've always done that to address people on forums, long before Twitter was around :p Pretty sure it's quite common.

When half life 3 finally happens and brings closure to the whole story (?)
I think that my life will be complete - I will evolve into pure energy and pass across the rim to be with my Vorlon and Shadow friends.

Calling it now - 4 hour long campaign followed by another 20 year long wait for Half Life 4.

If this indeed true, then no doubt the announcement of HL3 is to coincide with the next gen consoles, since Valve will make this multi-platform to maximise profit. Which is probably why we haven't seen or heard anything about HL3 for so long, as they have been waiting for the next gen consoles...

What if Half-Life 3 goes the way of Halo 3, and just leaves another cliffhanger so they can bleed a brilliant series dry and keep stringing along pointless games and completely destroy the credibility of itself?

Oh man. :(

@ << BloodyL As you seem to like that, They can make a movie regardless of the games completion like a book series (harry potter for example) they can make a follow on movie later either way it would be pretty sweet.

Next year will be 6 years since the release of Ep 2.... and there was a 6 year gap between HL1 and Hl2 :(

I already don't really care as much now... I mean, time changes you :(

I don't understand Valve. They have what is probably one of the most successful franchises on the PC and yet they take the absolute **** to even do anything with it. I'd understand if they were using these many, many years to actually make the game, but I truly doubt they've even started. We'll just continue getting stuff like Portal instead. :rolleyes:

Definitely wouldn't mind another slice of the Half Life universe, didn't realise it's been almost 5 years since Episode 2!

When I went to the DNF talk at the BAFTA building with Randy Pitchford a year or so ago, he stated that no one in the industry he knew was aware that a new HL project had even been started. Of course, he wouldn't necessarily be the best person to know the ins and outs but he was deadly serious.

Iam hoping for a return to the fun and colour of the original, HL2 while good was too slowly paced, too brown and had all the fun weapons and enemies removed imho. The gravity gun was fun for a while but between the end of HL2 and the episodes was a feature run into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom