Halflife 3 is coming! (to be shown at gamescon)

Iam hoping for a return to the fun and colour of the original, HL2 while good was too slowly paced, too brown and had all the fun weapons and enemies removed imho. The gravity gun was fun for a while but between the end of HL2 and the episodes was a feature run into the ground.

:eek:

Blasphemy!

BURN HIM!!!

Am I the only one still thinking it'll be announced on the last day (19th)? Okay, so it most likely won't be, but I'll always have hope. :(

A last minute Valve conference is called at the 2012 Gamescom. Gamers drop what they’re doing and rush to the venue. Gabe Newell walks on stage. The crowd cheers, visibly excited. Alone on stage, Gabe raises his hands and the crowd gets quiet. He simply says “Here it is” and the screen behind him opens up to reveal a trailer. An icy landscape is on screen. Background music is playing. Alyx appears, as does Barney. The Borealis flashes on the screen and the G-Man makes a short speech. Gordon Freeman appears, crowbar in hand. A final screen shows the title of the game and a date – 2013.

At this point, the crowd erupts. A frenzy washes over the audience like a wave, propelling people out of their chairs. Some start throwing their wallets onto the stage. Parties erupt around the world as thousands of people see the news live. Websites are choked as millions of fan sites and message boards are exploding with discussion, and game journalists make their fingers bleed on their keyboards as they write stories about this miracle.

Valve Corporation goes public and the stock doubles instantly. Pre-orders are opened on Steam and set records never before seen for any form of entertainment. Gabe Newell is named Time’s Person of the Year as Valve overtakes Apple as the most successful company in history. Half-Life 3 becomes the best video game of all time.

YneTj.gif.png

Last edited:
I don't like to be toyed with.

I demand official reliable information regarding Half-Life franchise within the next 24hours or the kitten gets it!

Well I was at Gamescom :D No Half life ^_^

Was a little steam booth giving away cards with random game keys on, got myself a load of indie games and a copy or portal 1 and 2.

Yea but IF true, it's for the gaming media, who apparently had to sign an NDA. So wouldn't be shown to the public who went there.

Am I the only one that wishes Half Life would lay down and die. I loved the first, thought the second was for the most part good - if a bit directionless with average combat - and want to see what Valve could do if they put their might behind a new single player franchise.

I've still not got round to finishing Ep2. No idea how the story "ends" and don't really care to be honest.

That's nice. Maybe avoid this thread then ?

There's many threads for different games on these forums, quite a few I have no interest in. I don't even look at them.

DAMN YOU ALL. I always have mini heart attacks every time I read the title, then I see the Gamescon bit and facepalm. :(

Back
Top Bottom