Halifax grooming gang members lose sentence appeal.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . We are slaves to the law, tutored by the law, held captive and restrained by the law.
Let's all head back to the lawless middle ages where we were serfs of the inbred royalty and their chums - are ye with me men?.

ps - bring along the cattle, sheep, goats, fowl and the women

Associate
You are either VERY old or you grew up in an "unusual" environment. I think that it is quite some time since violence has been considered acceptable in civilised, evolved society; certainly in the UK, the USA is different.
On what basis do you assert that the "grooming gangs" didn't know that their behaviour was considered to be entirely unacceptable by most people?
Who do you maintain "hushed up" their entirely unacceptable behaviour?

I don't quite get the point you are trying to make. You must be incredibly young or niave to think that police not taking action in cases of assault , if it was 6 of one half a dozen of another, was uncommon right up to the early 90s.

The gangs knew the behaviour wasn't legal, however when you live in a large insular community you adhere to the community norms where that behaviour wasn't challenged. The evidence of a blind eye being turned is obvious when you see the sheer scale of the abuse, in seemingly plain sight, involving groups of males in the double digits and no one within that community reported anything.

It certainly seemed to be acceptable amongst the Catholic clergy for many years and wasn't restricted to women, boys were more usually the target.

Nice whataboutery. Although I suppose there are parallels- sexually repressed mysoginists, with a belief in a divine right to commit horrendous crimes to satisfy their urges.

Capodecina
Soldato
I don't quite get the point you are trying to make. You must be incredibly young or niave to think that police not taking action in cases of assault , if it was 6 of one half a dozen of another, was uncommon right up to the early 90s.
. . .
I believe that the LawnOrder Tories are so convinced that crime no longer exists that they are in the process of doing away with the Police altogether.
. . .
Although I suppose there are parallels- sexually repressed mysoginists, with a belief in a divine right to commit horrendous crimes to satisfy their urges.
"Mysoginist" is now a synonym for the Catholic clergy?

Caporegime
It's got nothing to do with luck of the draw. When I was a kid, although it was frowned upon, it was common for parents for give children a good hiding or couples to beat each other up and no action was taken. However sexual assault and paedophilia were always the worst of the worst offenders and criminal gangs acted in secret. You would need to go back to pre-1900 to find softening of attitudes towards sexual assault. That's because as a society we advanced and our acceptable behaviours are now so deeply ingrained that those offences would never be treated as minor .

My grandad told a story (backed up by my mum who saw it) that in 1950, as a 24 year old married man and war veteran, his neighbour had beaten up his wife. So my grandad went round and put him in the infirmary for 2 weeks. What do you think would have happened to a sex offender?

The culture of the grooming gangs is that their behaviour was acceptable and hushed up, with virtually the whole community knowing and not saying a word. And it is specifically that culture as I have Turkish Cypriots in my family and a close friend who is Libyan who is as disgusted as the I am with what happened

If what you are saying is that if they were born into a British Christian background would they have not committed these offences? I think it's highly likely that they wouldn't. But they weren't, they have a lifetime of ingrained beliefs about white women that will likely never change. And there do

To be fair what you described them summed up the blind eye turned at white pedos in the 70s. Everybody knew who the nounces were but nobody battered an eyelid.

Not sure about your claim that in the 50s a pedo would have been beaten up or killed. People dated young back then and was acceptable behaviour for older men to go out with young girls. My dad was 23 when he married my mum of 16. They had been dating for a few years before. So he was a 21 one year old dating a 14 year old. It was accepted back then.

Associate
To be fair what you described them summed up the blind eye turned at white pedos in the 70s. Everybody knew who the nounces were but nobody battered an eyelid.

Not sure about your claim that in the 50s a pedo would have been beaten up or killed. People dated young back then and was acceptable behaviour for older men to go out with young girls. My dad was 23 when he married my mum of 16. They had been dating for a few years before. So he was a 21 one year old dating a 14 year old. It was accepted back then.

The 70s examples with the likes of Saville and King were individuals who were covered by people in positions of influence. White paedophile rings operated in complete secrecy. It's completely different to what we are discussing here.

Yes people got married young in the 50s and 60s, but that is also completely different to grown men having sex with 12/13 year olds. Often things were not reported for fear of the stigma that would follow the victim and justice was dealt out in different ways.

Soldato
Let's all head back to the lawless middle ages where we were serfs of the inbred royalty and their chums - are ye with me men?.

ps - bring along the cattle, sheep, goats, fowl and the women

I know they did inbreed but how did they manage without killing themselves off with genetic mutations?

Permabanned

Not even on Shrove Tuesdays? I'll ignore "nonces" and "paedo" by the way :) These new glasses are great, I definitely should have gone to Specsavers before now ;)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Slightly off topic... OK way of topic but some parts of this thread reminded me of it: did anyone watch abducted in plain sight?

Back
Top Bottom