Halloween….

Soldato
Each year, more crap for Halloween is in the shops. Get normal food stuff with Halloween stuff on it such as Scarylea (Dairylea)

Plus hate trick or treating. Firstly most kids don’t have any trick(s) planned. As my dad asked two kids trick and response was “what’s a trick”. Secondly- it’s begging IMO. If any kid knocks on strangers’ doors on any other day in the year doing this, they would be told to get lost. I switch off my door bell so don’t get my evening disturbed by this.

Also at work, not allowed to let teens buy eggs and flour, as they throw these at people’s homes and cars. It’s a nightmare cleaning it off as happened to me.

Don’t mind Halloween films and Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes.

What’s your opinion about Halloween and the teens throwing eggs and flour?

Soldato
Each year, more crap for Halloween is in the shops. Get normal food stuff with Halloween stuff on it such as Scarylea (Dairylea)

Plus hate trick or treating. Firstly most kids don’t have any trick(s) planned. As my dad asked two kids trick and response was “what’s a trick”. Secondly- it’s begging IMO. If any kid knocks on strangers’ doors on any other day in the year doing this, they would be told to get lost. I switch off my door bell so don’t get my evening disturbed by this.

Also at work, not allowed to let teens buy eggs and flour, as they throw these at people’s homes and cars. It’s a nightmare cleaning it off as happened to me.

Do you ever start a thread that isn't you whining about something?

Soldato
halloween is trash, same for fireworks night, same for christmas, and easter, and thanksgiving, and valentines... bah humbug.

new year's eve is alright, same for birthdays.

Commissario
I quite enjoy Halloween, it's nice to see the kids having fun.

It also brings back nice memories of my own youth when my parents would throw a big party for the kids/their parents, and even when my mother always loved seeing the kids in their costumes.
Apart from last year, for the last 10 years or so I've gotten into the habit of making up a goody bag for the kids with a variety of sweets.

It probably helps that the kids that call round in my area tend to be either neighbours of friends of neighbours and the local code is basically you only call at houses that have got decorations up, which gives me an excuse to do things like set up a bubbling cauldron and severed arm hanging out of the wheelie bin :) (I look at some of the decorations the Americans can get cheaply and easily and wish we had them over here:)).

Soldato
Halloween was great fun when all the neighbourhood kids were young as the Missus worked at the local school and all the kids knew her. Kids were all polite and no-one knocked if you didn’t have Halloween lights on.

Permabanned
i love it.

DpQAvT5XcAEj8qQ

Caporegime
Don't be a hater, go and spend a few hundred quid on stuff that you're never going to use again and is only going to end up on landfill, you fantastic little consumer you.

Associate
Never bothered me. An excuse to watch and read some spooky stuff.

I always thought that people who got egged, honey on the car handle was because they were rude to the trick or treaters?

Cherry knocking as a kid, it was just silly mischief but we knew to steer well clear of elderly areas. I did have a neighbour once who would go out dressed in a costume (the guy must have been 30) on his own walking around the estate, which was odd... Must have terrified the trick or treaters still prowling in the evening.

Soldato
OP
I Love it but i actually enjoyed it as a kid. It sounds like you have zero fond memories of it
I do have fond memories of Halloween as a child as loved the homemade costumes my mum made. There wasn’t the costumes in the shops like there’s now. We played games at friends’ homes - apple bobbing, pin the broom head on the witch’s broom, the chocolate game and build a skeleton. Food I remember a friend’s mum making eyes from white marshmallows, green grapes and thin red icing for making bloodshot eyes, cheese bats (cheese straws recipe), jelly with jelly spiders etc

Soldato

Have you failed to notice the distinct lack of Halloween content in shops this year? Or you being wilfully ignorant?

Heck, the supermarkets around here have more Christmas stuff than Halloween...

Associate
Have you failed to notice the distinct lack of Halloween content in shops this year? Or you being wilfully ignorant?

Heck, the supermarkets around here have more Christmas stuff than Halloween...

Now you mention it it's the same here, I hadn't even noticed the lack of halloween stuff in shops this year compared to last. I did roll my eyes at Christmas things last week though. :D

Back
Top Bottom