• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Associate
Popcorn.jpg

This went quicker than I imagined

Caporegime
But its ok to turn off ray tracing when it suits your agenda. Can you tell me, if you don't work for AMD then why are you such a fanboy and what have Nvidia done that you won't consider having one of their cards. I've had Intel/Amd/Nvidia hardware over the years and have no loyalty to any of them, I buy whats best for me at the time. So at the moment its a Amd/Nvidia system but could change next time I upgrade.

:cry:

Funny because it's true, same way some said they would "never use DLSS because it worsens IQ and is fake 4k resolution", fast forward to FSR, "it's worth using FSR for the extra FPS for the *slight* hit in IQ" :D

I can't wait for RDNA 3 to smash it out of the park with a dlss competitor and RT perf. to boot too. I can already imagine the posts now from a select few, may have to dig up some people's posts, which were made about nvidia turing owners upgrading to ampere ;) :p

8vVcfa2.gif

But in all seriousness, SAM shouldn't be disabled, same way ray tracing shouldn't be disabled/dialled down.

Associate
SAM is not the same thing as DLSS, it can't even be compared with RT. Many times disabling RT makes sense because there are still a lot of cards capable of 1080p or 1440p gaming without RT ( for example Pascal and RDNA1 cards).

Caporegime
SAM is not the same thing as DLSS, it can't even be compared with RT. Many times disabling RT makes sense because there are still a lot of cards capable of 1080p or 1440p gaming without RT ( for example Pascal and RDNA1 cards).

I know, I'm just talking in general about certain peoples view points hence the comment that comes after ;)

Associate
While not as good let's not pretend that Nvidia doesn't get extra % on some games with resize bar either. Halo is due an RT update at some point anyways making any debate about performance pointless until then, not that it matters, game runs like rubbish on most GPUs.

Caporegime
But its ok to turn off ray tracing when it suits your agenda. Can you tell me, if you don't work for AMD then why are you such a fanboy and what have Nvidia done that you won't consider having one of their cards. I've had Intel/Amd/Nvidia hardware over the years and have no loyality to any of them, I buy whats best for me at the time. So at the moment its a Amd/Nvidia system but could change next time I upgrade.
When you can't address the points made, attack the person. I knew I should have put a trigger warning on that post above, even though I deliberately choose my words very carefully in that post you quoted. :p

I'm glad you buy what's best for you at the time, thanks for sharing that with me. I don't understand what that has to do with what I posted though.

I notice you didn't question anything I posted, so who has an agenda here exactly?

Not going to attack you though, since I don't know you. I'll give you a little background on me though since you seem interested.

I've been using primarily AMD systems for a long time, this is my specialty and area of expertise. It is only since 2017 and the arrival of Ryzen that I switched from Intel to AMD CPUs and moved to an all AMD platform. There will be posts of me using Intel CPUs and running benchmark threads with Intel CPUs way back when if you want to look them up out of interest.

Since I joined OcuK I've spent most of my time here talking with and helping other AMD users in all the various owners threads. Whether it be cooler modification threads, BIOS flashing guides, overclocking guides, benchmark threads, technical support, etc. I've probably been in this section longer than most (but not all) folk here.

It's not about loyalty and if that is truly what you think then you don't know me at all. It's a hobby that I've had for a very long time and still enjoy to this day. Tweaking, tuning, using AMD GPUs and helping other AMD users. I've been doing it here since 2007 till this day.

That hobby was what got me a life changing job in 2014. Might sound cheesy to you, but that's the truth and I would not change one thing about it.

I will provide my feedback on anything AMD/Graphics related, especially if my opinion is asked. Often though what you say gets taken out of context, but that's another discussion altogether.

If I see something and I believe it to be wrong, I'll speak up. Like the post you quoted there and took offence to because I posted it. People don't like that and will see the user posting and cast their aspersions, exactly like you have done.

I try to make sure that If I post something like that, it is correct. And I believe if you look into what I posted, it will be correct. If it's not, let me know which part and I'll change it.

I get some things wrong I am sure, but not on purpose. Anything I post I believe to be true. Opinion is a different thing altogether though. Opinions are like arse holes and all that. :cry:

I'm used to being called a fanboy and other names. Heard it in 2007, hearing it now in 2021. It's okay, if it makes people feel better to do this when trying to discuss things, that's on them. I'm sure I have probably thrown that term around in the past too, it's like confetti.

Anyway, now that you mention it and I believe I've said it in other threads here, I've been trying to buy a 3080 FE for ages. I've not had any luck so far unfortunately and have using various Discord groups to try and get one.

I would not want to pay more than RRP for it since I already have a 6900 XT (and a 6800 XT as backup). But I would like to do some performance (benchmark) and vram requirement testing using a 3080, so that is why I have been trying to get one.

I'm always going to be primarily using AMD hardware though. Why change the habit of a lifetime? I don't pretend to have any technical knowledge regarding Nvidia GPUs, I just stick to what I know. :)

I bet you regret asking now, don't you. :p

Last edited:
Associate
If yopu enable AMD SAM then enable ReBar for Nvidia; if the gains are equal , then i must ask, why turn if off in the first place?

Because they are idiots, why would anyone bother benchmarking anything without setting up their cards properly is beyond me, same as benchmarking high-end GPUs with older generation CPUs, it's pointless and it goes against the whole point of benchmarking GPUs.
"Oh here are this numbers, they are not fully correct so we will posting other ones later", I would call them incompetents buts it's obvious they pull this **** just to get more clicks/views later on".

Soldato
OP
Hardware unboxed (HUB), just like techpowerup (TPU), disable Smart Access Memory (SAM).
SAM adds 10-20% performance in this game from my testing.

I'm not sure why they choose to disable it when it is enabled by default and they use Ryzen processors.
kETr2v0.png

SAM has been disabled for HUB since their first 6800 XT /6900 XT reviews, TPU the same. That affects all their results for every graphics card review and game benchmark they do. Something to remember when you look at their results but this is often overlooked.

Meanwhile, the following sites have RDNA2 ahead in Halo and they test the same open world demanding areas online (like HUB) which represent a worst case scenario. They are using the Steam version of the game according to the testing notes.
  1. Sweclockers
  2. PCGamesHardware
  3. Computerbase
  4. Kitguru
It is not clear if Kitguru used ReBar, but the others had SAM/ReBar enabled as there is no logical reason to disable it for AMD graphics cards.

6wPaGPE.png

Eav91NK.png

ri165WC.png

PqZorNo.png

Thanks for posting this LTMatt it explains the disparity from HUB bias for nvidia. I am sure that whatever re-test he claims to be making will only reinforce his own bias to make nvidia look good, as usual. But I certainly am not waiting for his results under baited breath. He's always been bias and that will never change. Anyone waiting for those results is like the old saying...fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice...well, you should know better by now but you know the rest of the saying.

Ist nvidiay photoshop GOW PC Specs to make people think that game only supports their gpus. Now you have reviewer(s) disabling AMD's SAM support to lower it's performance intentionally to make the competition looks faster then they actually are. I am willing to believe that he kept rebar support enabled for nvidia gpus in Halo Infinite and noticed very little performance improvement. So whenever he provides this update it will be from some other area of the map. But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't put it past him.

Another thing, according to these results from other websites he is clearly an outlier and he knows it. Probably for clicks. The guy has no credibility with me.
:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Associate
i just downloaded the free mp game and in that i am seeing between 85 to 115 fps with my 3090 at 4K ultra settings , when doing the training mission which i assume is akin to the campaign performance wise i am seeing about 85 to 95 fps avg. Seems to run ok for me :)

Back
Top Bottom