• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Caporegime
6900 XT, 4K Max Settings + HD Texture pack.

3090, 4K Max Settings. Not sure if HD Texture pack is installed.

Just realised I had my max FPS set to 120 rather than unlimited. Probably gimping my own performance. :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh DF video was great, i watch them all, i do love the clean look of Halo thou, especially the multiplayer, yeh it does have a lot of detail still in some textures, i love the look of the game myself, was just comparing to other games over the years, i actually like the cleaner look myself in games.

Soldato
omg my card from *insert favourite team colour* is rubbish at this title , the game must be *delete as appropriate* poorly optimised / a *non favourite team colour* paid for game / must be *drivers* / crap console port / devs are lazy.

Did i miss anything?

Caporegime
omg my card from *insert favourite team colour* is rubbish at this title , the game must be *delete as appropriate* poorly optimised / a *non favourite team colour* paid for game / must be *drivers* / crap console port / devs are lazy.

Did i miss anything?
I think the game runs pretty well overall, I think people just look at the FPS numbers and think the worst sometimes and have a perception of how it will perform.

It runs well, I just don't like it. More of a true #Guerilla myself. :cry:

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Big oof @gpuerrilla

3080 user on the YouTubes claiming that he's getting FPS drops due to running out of video memory at 4K Max settings. :cry:

Gonna "get my fingers in ears" as yannow that's apparently the new blanket statement, while gaming later I will think about justifying my obscene purchase then comment. :rolleyes: #yawn.

One of the reasons I switched from the 3080 SuprimX to the Toxic Extreme, didn't want to be concerned about possible vRam issues :)

Oh no, just no!!

You cannot escape the blanket statement tagging and be able to comment away without quote stalking... oh wait

Did i miss anything?

LMAO. So true. Stop putting your fingers in your ears guys!!! :cry:

There is no evidence! ever!

** Until we see actual games releasing that now use modern GPU features and somehow we get the hardware issues i.e. stingy VRAM quantity and poor driver optimisation to counter this **

Caporegime
Oh dear, seems some peoples jimmies are still rustled :cry:

I might have to get the "better call saul" billboard image as my sig but have it as "better call nexus18!" :cry: ;) :D

Last edited:
Associate
I’m playing at 4K with max FPS set to 60 as the game suffers from micro stutter when unlocked (although cutscenes still have microstutters).
Not a single frame drop so far and I’m in open world currently.
I’m using DF optimised setting with textures and texture filtering on ultra and had no problems with 10GB of vram.

Soldato
I think the game runs pretty well overall, I think people just look at the FPS numbers and think the worst sometimes and have a perception of how it will perform.

It runs well, I just don't like it. More of a true #Guerilla myself. :cry:

I don't like it myself, weapons just seem meh and unrewarding combat but I never have got the appeal of Halo games. At 4K Max settings get <60 fps reaching the outside area where you clear the landing pad. Was a bit of a chore getting that far tbh :p

Edit: One thing that does impress me is that the input lag seems pretty low even at 50 fps whereas some games feel terrible even at 60 fps

Caporegime
Oh dear "amd has a problem" section..... Fingers in ears time :cry: :p

AMD clearly need more vram, it's so obviously not an issue with the game, it's just simply vram and nothing else, should have bought a proper nextgen gpu bois

:cry:

I jest.

Will be interesting to see if an amd driver update or/and game patch fixes the issues for 8gb amd gpus.

But in all seriousness, this is being brought up a lot now about how nvidia are much better for vram management/optimisation, perhaps that is why AMD threw more VRAM at their cards?

Last edited:
Associate
Was going to buy this but having second thoughts now lol i get good fps in multiplayer with min fps set to 82...will it be the same in campaign? the recommended specs on steam are a rtx 2070 so not sure why people with 30 series cards are struggling?

Associate
Was going to buy this but having second thoughts now lol i get good fps in multiplayer with min fps set to 82...will it be the same in campaign? the recommended specs on steam are a rtx 2070 so not sure why people with 30 series cards are struggling?

the game is buggy as hell. even on series x cutscenes are a stutter fest.
was playing it this morning just fine but now when trying to run it it won’t boot but instead it takes me to “game services” in windows store.
had to reinstall the game to be able to play it.

Associate
campaign runs much worse than multiplayer, I'd say take your multiplayer framerate and halve it

Associate
3090 managed to be closer on this game to AMD gpus than i inicially expected it to be, performance looks abysmal on all cards specially coming of highly optimised games like Doom Eternal.

Back
Top Bottom