• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Caporegime
I will say it outright that I can see the whole scene blur on your videos while moving, RDR2 style
I thought it was just the bottom section of the fourth video? :p

It seems like we are talking about different things, since I am referring to the rocks and texture quality dropping/blurring, which does not happen on the videos I posted.

Associate
I'll see if I notice this quality drop tonight and if so whether VSR makes any difference (in the open world I'm getting 80-110fps, usually around 90). While a good looking game it doesn't perform as well as it could, and I'm guessing it's because of borderless window mode but Freesync isn't making it as smooth as other games I play.

Caporegime
I'll see if I notice this quality drop tonight and if so whether VSR makes any difference (in the open world I'm getting 80-110fps, usually around 90). While a good looking game it doesn't perform as well as it could, and I'm guessing it's because of borderless window mode but Freesync isn't making it as smooth as other games I play.

I think there are some frame time issues on occasion as you move around the open world. For the most part it seems to run well though.

Graphics are nice, but not mind blowing.

The game is quite challenging on legendary difficulty, particularly the boss fights. This will be a one time play through for me on the campaign then it will be uninstalled.

Not interested at all in the multiplayer.

Soldato
I said the bottom video because it was the first one I watched but it is possible that in the 720p clip there are additional issues such as LOD distance and compression so really would need to be compared at the same spot

Associate
I think there are some frame time issues on occasion as you move around the open world.

Perhaps it's that rather than a Freesync issue, outdoors it just doesn't feel as smooth as it should. I'm only playing on Heroic and find it quite tough at times, definitely enjoying though. I like the multiplayer but am so dire at it that I won't keep playing beyond the campaign (although I'll almost certainly revisit once co-op is available).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Over 100fps here with the Ultra preset. No frames below 90fps for the 99%. I reinstalled it today to give it a bash but like before with the 2070 Super, got bored and confused by it lol so uninstalled it again. Looks/runs superb however. I should probably try out Doom Eternal when it comes on sale or something.

no issues with blur or anything like that either.

Associate
I think there are some frame time issues on occasion as you move around the open world. For the most part it seems to run well though.

For me on Nvidia cards it's not frametime issues but the game just stutters at anything else then 30, 60 or 120fps despite gsync being active and syncing with framerate.

Soldato
6800XT + 3800X vs 4720X1080 triple setup. (PLP) Ultra everything: mid 80's to mid 90's open world and 130-145 inside. The new driver is night-and-day better.

Soldato
Halo PC Build, guy paid $4500 for the 6900 XT Halo Limited Edition off Ebay.

The card actually looks good, but you'd have to be a Halo Fanboy to drop that much on it.

That card runs hot! Is it founders edition?

I've never really understood using pop culture for a PC build theme, and if you are into that why not just do it custom - he could have saved so much by buying a normal card and just painting the shroud to look the same

Back
Top Bottom