• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Soldato
Rebar doesn't work well on Nvidia. Their current generation GPUs were not designed for it and enabling it can hurt performance.

It reminds of when we first started seeing games using Async Compute and at the time of you enabled it on a GPU designed for it performance would go up, but if you enabled it on a GPU not designed for it, performance went down

Soldato
Game plays fine on ultra settings (motion blur disabled) 1440p.
First hour fps were up around 200 in doors, but coming outside they drop to around 120-130 with dips to 90s in combat.
I'm enjoying it so far, about 4 hours in.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to turn off whatever is causing the resolution to drop every time the character moves?

Turning the camera doesn't trigger it, its just as soon as the direction keys are pressed, the image quality dives and then as soon as movement stops it becomes clear again.

Looks almost like variable rate shading, but a really bad version of it.

It really stand out in the outdoor areas of the game because it makes all the foliage and rocks looks like pastel drawing puke

Not my video, but shows the issue

https://streamable.com/njk2c6

Apparently in movement the game renders assets at a fraction of your screens native resolution

Last edited:
Caporegime
Does anyone know how to turn off whatever is causing the resolution to drop every time the character moves?

Turning the camera doesn't trigger it, its just as soon as the direction keys are pressed, the image quality dives and then as soon as movement stops it becomes clear again.

Looks almost like variable rate shading, but a really bad version of it.

It really stand out in the outdoor areas of the game because it makes all the foliage and rocks looks like pastel drawing puke

Not my video, but shows the issue

https://streamable.com/njk2c6
Copy the settings I use (shown at start of video) as I do not see that quality drop.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Copy the settings I use (shown at start of video) as I do not see that quality drop.

It won't be so bad for you cause you're at 4k. I'm doing 1440p, the higher the resolution goes the better it will look in motion I've tested it, that's why the fix for low resolution screens like 1080p or 1440p is to trick the game with DSR

Caporegime
It won't be so bad for you cause you're at 4k. I'm doing 1440p, the higher the resolution goes the better it will look in motion I've tested it, that's why the fix for low resolution screens like 1080p or 1440p is to trick the game with DSR
This sounds more like a system (settings) or driver issue if you are experiencing texture quality drops as you move around.

Caporegime
It's probably something to do with the ****** AA in this. RDR 2 has this issue when using default TAA but goes away when using DLSS or the other AA methods. I also noticed it with FC 6 and it's TAA but the issue goes away with SMAA/no aa.

It is defo less noticeable when you're at 4k though.

Caporegime
This sounds more like a system (settings) or driver issue if you are experiencing texture quality drops as you move around.
Using the same settings as I posted in the video earlier, but resolution dropped to 1440P to test this out. I do not see any significant blurring on rocks etc as I move around like in the video you shared.

I do however see a little blurring around the blue health bar, not sure if that is compression artifacts from recording or perhaps TAA related.

TAA issues aside, it still looks more like a system settings or driver issue to me.

Soldato
Using the same settings as I posted in the video earlier, but resolution dropped to 1440P to test this out. I do not see any significant blurring on rocks etc as I move around like in the video you shared.

I do however see a little blurring around the blue health bar, not sure if that is compression artifacts from recording or perhaps TAA related.

TAA issues aside, it still looks more like a system settings or driver issue to me.

Considerable blur (looks TAA related) in the bottom video when moving - I think I have uninstalled game now though and CBA re installing :p

Back
Top Bottom