Halo Infinite

Man of Honour
There's a bit of stick drift when I put those to zero. Will set the move threshold to 15.

Yeah everyone will have stick drift at zero but you never sit still staring at a single point for long in Halo, and the auto aim ensures that once you get the crosshairs on someone drift will never cause it to move off target.

Stick drift is not a big deal on the look stick due to the auto aim and the huge benefits of immediate input response, but it can be on the move stick so I set my move stick to 2.5, 15, 8.

Last edited:
Soldato
That makes sense on the aim assist, I’ll 0 that out. I had my movement on 0, and the drift is quite perceptible.

You’re 100% right on max thresh for my movement, it feels much more responsive now

Soldato
If you’re in solo/duo queue it should be a lot easier to get there. Just turn off cross play so you don’t play against cheating mouse users.
Is that where you're queuing? Been playing the open crossplay and the MnK players are moaning about how hard it is to hit shots with the BR compared to the controller ... I have no way of checking this, but sounds like BS to me.

Man of Honour
Is that where you're queuing? Been playing the open crossplay and the MnK players are moaning about how hard it is to hit shots with the BR compared to the controller ... I have no way of checking this, but sounds like BS to me.

I play:
  • Controller mixed with friends (no choice)
  • Controller only solo/duo
  • Mouse only on PC
I don’t cheat by playing mouse in mixed lobbies.

Soldato
D4 and sweating my little heart out haha. Punching above my weight, but with those settings tweaked my accuracy with the BR is regularly 55% ish. Not usually particularly accurate, so I’m stoked.

Man of Honour
D4 and sweating my little heart out haha. Punching above my weight, but with those settings tweaked my accuracy with the BR is regularly 55% ish. Not usually particularly accurate, so I’m stoked.

My target is 65-70% if I’m pre-firing. Aiming for more is pointless as you’re then avoiding pre-firing just to pump the accuracy stat.

I’m curious, is competition just a lot worse in the Asia-Pacific region?

You will get your bottom spanked with such low accuracy in Diamond 4 on the US East servers.

I guess it makes sense as the game is far less popular there.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think I can answer that question accurately (see what I did there).

I have played on the US East coast servers and they have on ours, and I don't perceive any sort of difference but there's just too many factors at play to have an opinion. I have mentioned before that accuracy isn't my strong point, what I am however good at is map IQ / movement / reading the game and smart plays - which helps me a lot. I also shoot a heck of a lot :D

Volumes of players will raise the base skill level for a region, but I think it's more applicable to the top end of pros than it is at the level of the unwashed masses like us. It's not like this region has a handful that you come across regularly. My D4 ranking is also on the open/crossplay playlist, which has the healthiest population of them all. I can't tell for sure, but it seems like PC gaming here is very popular.

it seems your accuracy target is quite high
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/r3es60/accuracy_stats_for_kbm_vs_controller/

Lethul's sitting at 56%, and they basically only play BR starts.

8Z3gWO3.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't think I can answer that question accurately (see what I did there).

I have played on the US East coast servers and they have on ours, and I don't perceive any sort of difference but there's just too many factors at play to have an opinion. I have mentioned before that accuracy isn't my strong point, what I am however good at is map IQ / movement / reading the game and smart plays - which helps me a lot. I also shoot a heck of a lot :D

Volumes of players will raise the base skill level for a region, but I think it's more applicable to the top end of pros than it is at the level of the unwashed masses like us. It's not like this region has a handful that you come across regularly. My D4 ranking is also on the open/crossplay playlist, which has the healthiest population of them all. I can't tell for sure, but it seems like PC gaming here is very popular.

it seems your accuracy target is quite high
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/r3es60/accuracy_stats_for_kbm_vs_controller/

Lethul's sitting at 56%, and they basically only play BR starts.

8Z3gWO3.png

The better your opposition the lower your accuracy will be as your opponents get better at evasion. In Diamond no one has good evasion though.

Soldato
Anyone tried changing their location to New Zealand to see if the Halo Infinite campaign is playable yet? I might give it a go in a bit.

Soldato
Anyone tried changing their location to New Zealand to see if the Halo Infinite campaign is playable yet? I might give it a go in a bit.

Yeah no go…. Lol

Apparently the pre-load is delayed to stop people who purchased on disc from playing early. The disc is only an unlock key with the game requiring downloading…… Nice….

Soldato
Yeah no go…. Lol

Apparently the pre-load is delayed to stop people who purchased on disc from playing early. The disc is only an unlock key with the game requiring downloading…… Nice….
That's all disks are these days, but I take your point. I'm glad I didnt take the day off to play on release day. My internet's not fibre to the premises ( only node), and having to wait for 65gb of download would have really irked me. Got Friday off though :)

Man of Honour
Eurgh, I guess it’s time for me to leave this thread. I won’t be playing this until they add coop and you loveable dumdums are definitely going to spoil it for me.

Back
Top Bottom