1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by KraniX, 2 Aug 2020.

1. KraniX

Mobster

Noticed we don't have a dedicated thread.

The official press kit with some nice wallpapers etc. can be found here.

Campaign Gameplay Trailer

So there has been a lot of talk about the graphics, I too was quite disappointed by the initial reveal.

But after watching the high res stream, hearing from the devs and watching various vids getting me up to speed on the story I've missed I'm much more excited as the original Halo was just great fun to play and this looks like it will be too.

The fact I'll be getting it on day one as part of Game Pass makes it less of a worry from a financial perspective.

How are you all feeling about it?

What are your thoughts about the multiplayer being free-to-play?

2. Supercow

Capodecina

When they say, multiplayer is F2P ... does it mean the actual multiplayer component of the game is F2P, or does it mean you don't have to pay Xbox live gold or the like?

3. malachi

Capodecina

Featuring who?!?!?!

4. McPhee

Soldato

The multiplayer component. IIRC though F2P multiplayer games (e.g. Smite, Warzone, Fortnite) don't require Live Gold anyway.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/craig-the-halo-infinite-brute

5. Dredd

Wise Guy

free to play games require gold to play online...

playstation is free to play online with f2p games.

xbox does free cloud saves instead, PlayStation requires psn.

6. McPhee

Soldato

Ta. Been a long, long time since I had an Xbox without Live Gold. I knew PS did free multiplayer for F2P games.

7. Warbie

Soldato

I got the original for the original Halo and might do the same for this. The gameplay has always been way more interesting than other pfs and I like how there's options for breaking armour in this.

8. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Play Halo 5 Team Arena to see the direction that they will go with Halo Infinite multiplayer.

The removal of idiot smash and changing the radar to only show people sprinting or shooting are fantastic changes to the game.

9. mid_gen

Capodecina

I found the ridiculously narrow FOV on Halo5 to be a real turn-off, and the over-reliance on the over-wrought storyline.

Back to some more CE style roaming around a Halo with a focus on combat....looks promising to me.

10. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Agreed OP about watching a better stream. I thought it looked really good. I was disappointed with Halo 5 and got bored with the SP really quickly. Loved the first three and Reach.

11. KraniX

Mobster

Interesting vid, the guy interviewed a couple of the Halo Devs while watching the recent gameplay trailer and then had an FAQ.

He wasn't allowed to play the audio so had to summarise the responses but still good.

12. Supercow

Capodecina

Why do so many English Youtubers have speech impediments :p

13. KraniX

Mobster

As per the Series X thread Halo delayed to 2021...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-infinite-development-update

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/08/halo_infinite_has_been_delayed_until_2021

14. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

For the best for the game, but a disaster for the Series X launch (assuming Sony have anything half way decent available at launch).

15. Zefan

Don

Not a shock that it's been delayed from the launch date (I was surprised to see gameplay footage as extensive as they showed in the recent trailer) but 2021 is a gut punch for the Series X. Just me or does the fact that they only specifically name the covid-factor seem like a bit of a cop out?

16. cu3ed

Capodecina

Speaking to someone that was brought into help ( short term Contract), its total rubbish. 343 has just show itself that its entire management is incompetent.

17. Mark1989

Capodecina

343 hasn't pulled the series forward enough, the only interesting bits in 5 were with cortana.

How they hyped up the Locke rivalry prior to launch only to it end up being total pants was disappointing.

343 however have done a great job at remastering the original ones

4 and 5 were both just okay games, take halo tag away from it and I doubt either would of done that well

18. MM-Seat

Wise Guy

I used to love Halo!

Before I had the original Xbox, I used to take any opportunity to visit my mate whom had an Xbox and Halo to play. I finally got a clear Xbox when Halo 2 launched and loved it.

In the 360 era, Halo 3 was fantastic again and then I haven't really played one since. I'm not particularly pumped to play Infinite even though I technically get it free through Game Pass. The whole franchise just feels very long in the tooth at this point (much like my feelings towards Call of Duty!). I guess I will play it but, I just don't see it as the "killer app" of the Series X. Game pass is the killer app in that regard!

19. [email protected]

Wise Guy

I've started playing back throught the original CoD games on my PC - killing Nazi's was so much more fun! :D

20. MM-Seat

Wise Guy

For me, its having 6-10 friends every evening and racing to prestige. Don't have that now I'm 27!!!