Halo Infinite

Associate
Playing the wrong game then sadly. I imagine they'll tweak it until everyone quietens down as though. The OG player are mostly gone so the newschool players will be the priority.

Caporegime
Yes, it's annoying that MS are moving towards unifying console and PC. I think this is why there isn't a simple universal option to tell mouse users to **** off and stay out of my games

Yep they forced cross play on Gears 5 and I stopped playing it. I won't play games with forced cross play. Gears was a last resort in a dying game but KBM players still argue there's no advantage while hitting 10 back to back head shots with the sniper rifle.

Yup, I know it sounds daft but for some reason I need this

I find this bizarre too, again on Gears people complain there's nothing left to do when they hit max rank and level all the characters. I hate the grinding that has crept into modern gaming, it's ruining social gaming even in PVE type game modes. It's in retail games now as well as F2P. :(

Man of Honour
Yep they forced cross play on Gears 5 and I stopped playing it. I won't play games with forced cross play. Gears was a last resort in a dying game but KBM players still argue there's no advantage while hitting 10 back to back head shots with the sniper rifle.

If they don’t implement the three hoppers (KMB, mixed, controller) in all game modes for the full release on December 8th I will end up dropping the game.

It’s a F2P game so population should not be an issue, and Big Team Battle is disgusting playing at range against mouse users.

Caporegime
If they don’t implement the three hoppers (KMB, mixed, controller) in all game modes for the full release on December 8th I will end up dropping the game.

It’s a F2P game so population should not be an issue, and Big Team Battle is disgusting playing at range against mouse users.

Yeah I don't blame you, it's pointless. Back in the 'good old days' it didn't matter because you would be playing in friends rooms against each other. Now everyone is progression, XP and skins obsessed (another pet hate of mine, I'm old) so no one wants to play in private lobbies that don't reward xp. MP gaming is a soulless experience these days :(

Soldato
I fully understand this debate infact me and Kreee have had it a few times, however i maybe wrong doesn't this game support mouse and keyboard input on the Xbox itself so its impossible to avoid? Or do games limit via input? I ask as if its not limited by input then any one can plug one into the xbox and be fine, if the game just looks to see if your on and xbox and pc but not the input then it all means squat

(Btw i fully agree mouse/keyboard has an advantage over a pad and always will have, i don't dispute that)

Man of Honour
I fully understand this debate infact me and Kreee have had it a few times, however i maybe wrong doesn't this game support mouse and keyboard input on the Xbox itself so its impossible to avoid? Or do games limit via input? I ask as if its not limited by input then any one can plug one into the xbox and be fine, if the game just looks to see if your on and xbox and pc but not the input then it all means squat

(Btw i fully agree mouse/keyboard has an advantage over a pad and always will have, i don't dispute that)

Eh, we've discussed it but you have a memory liek a seive :cry:. Yes KBM is supported on the XBox, and yes you can block that in ranked 1p or 2p.

The hopper just needs expanding to 3p and 4p in ranked, and then also expanded to BTB and unranked.

Man of Honour
The game filters based on input, but I'm sure there are ways around it (is XIM still a thing?).

The good thing about Halo is the controller look speed and mechanics ruin the ability for a XIM to give such a big advantage. Sure it's better than a pad, but not 10x better like native KBM offers.

Associate
XIM is probably still around in some form, just like me using a controller on PC with software :p

My possible controversial opinion is that some people's focus on K/D and winning has also helped water down enjoyment. Objective based games recording k/d, i don't get it. Recording wins in a social playlist when a ranked playlist is available, again i don't get it. The massive out roar because craig was somehow not super HD, and now ranking be too hard for unlocking armour.

None of it i understand, except maybe the prioritisation of now limited developer hours being focussed in areas that i don't care for is the reason. Games that were once successful and have a good base to work from still manage to fail in basic aspects. Reach armour unlocking from i remember took forever, but did unlock, why deviate. 1-50 ranking, again why deviate. Just add to the game to see what works, and if the original ideas no longer seem popular then deviate. Or just do whatever every year and some people will buy it (cod).

Soldato
I think you lot are broken :cry:

My progression comes from improving my KDA, win ratio, accuracy, and rank. But I guess the problem is that you have to earn those and those stats can go down, unlike XP.

You seem to be the OcUK Halo vet... can you please explain to me how progression in ranked works please?
I did the solo / duos queue and also the crossplay "10 to get a rank" and ended up with Plat 5, which I'm happy with to start with. I doubt I'd get good enough for Onyx, but feel diamond is achievable for me.

Now that I have a decent place to start with, I'm a little afraid of losing it by queueing solo, because of how heavy the win/loss ratio might be weighted.

Back
Top Bottom