Halo Infinite

Soldato
Thread bump: I know no one can answer this as nothing's been announced, BUT:

What are your predictions for co-op campaign. Do you think they'll have a solution like dedicated servers for co-op, or will it be p2p?

I'm no network expert, nor do I know what options are available out there, all I know is that I wanted to play Halo 4 co-op with a mate of mine in another country, and it was entirely unplayable. It would be amazing and very nostalgic for us to play together (along with out kids), are there are solutions out there that 343 can implement to mitigate some of issues you'll inevitably run into with vast distance?

Last edited:
Associate
New bump.

What are people's thoughts now that we've seen the flight/demo footage?

Just looks like Halo 5, but i've not seem much. H5's art style was horrid, deviating too far away. I was under the impression devs wanted to go back to roots? More gogo power rangers -_-

Hitboxes look huge. Not sure if weapons are hitscan or not, but just an observation.

Soldato
I’ve really enjoyed the 3 play test weekends I’ve been in now and will deffo be making this my main MP game when it comes out. Runs fantastic on the series X and when you compare it to the likes of COD, it’s just “fair” - if you die, either you messed up or the other person was better than you - not some cheap component of the game screwing you over.

Man of Honour
I’ve really enjoyed the 3 play test weekends I’ve been in now and will deffo be making this my main MP game when it comes out. Runs fantastic on the series X and when you compare it to the likes of COD, it’s just “fair” - if you die, either you messed up or the other person was better than you - not some cheap component of the game screwing you over.

I wasn’t aware of any test weekend other than the first one.

Man of Honour
Perks of the job on this one - 2 internal fights but considering the bulk of our workforce is stateside matchmaking was fairly slow so maybe got about 30 matches across the two play weekends

Nice, where do you work? I’m looking forward to the PvP flight.

Soldato
MSFT but not in any capacity relating to gaming but we do get a lot of early flighting / our own insider ring which is cool. Best I’ve managed is a prototype Xbox one X which is quite cool as it’s covered in stickers / unique identifier codes so can’t be sold on but got to keep it so serves as a second console / interesting piece

Man of Honour
MSFT but not in any capacity relating to gaming but we do get a lot of early flighting / our own insider ring which is cool. Best I’ve managed is a prototype Xbox one X which is quite cool as it’s covered in stickers / unique identifier codes so can’t be sold on but got to keep it so serves as a second console / interesting piece

Those are some nice little perks, you will have a leg up on the competition come launch day.

Soldato
Not sure that is going to count for that much but keen to get some games in if there is a community of folk playing from here!

Will only take a few days before us mortals get left behind by the people who will be on it 8 - 12 hous a day. Easy to play but hard to master

Associate
Will only take a few days before us mortals get left behind by the people who will be on it 8 - 12 hous a day. Easy to play but hard to master

I'll surprised but happy if they increased the gap between casual and competitive on H5. Even so, a weak team is better than a few individual "pros". But BTB is always endless fun on H3, so hopefully vehicles and antics are common place in H5 too. I've frequently gone negative k/d and had a blast :D

Man of Honour
I'll surprised but happy if they increased the gap between casual and competitive on H5. Even so, a weak team is better than a few individual "pros". But BTB is always endless fun on H3, so hopefully vehicles and antics are common place in H5 too. I've frequently gone negative k/d and had a blast :D

In H5 the gap was indeed increased, but with Infinite they have shrunk the gap again going by the test flight. Removing all of those movement options really levels the playing field.

Last edited:
Associate
In H5 the gap was indeed increased, but with Infinite they have shrunk the gap again going by the test flight. Removing all of those movement options really levels the playing field.

What movement options have they removed since H5?
It's been a long time since i played H5, dropped it pretty quick for MCC instead.

I'm not a fan of dash/dodge, think i saw that one still in. Also sprint, but i think that's never going to go anywhere with any FPS now, so it is what it is :)

Back
Top Bottom