1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by KraniX, 2 Aug 2020.

1. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Sprint is only a 2% speed increase (next to worthless) and spartan charge, ground pound, directional dashing (both grounded and airborne), and crouch jumping for additional height have all been removed.

Boosting is the big one, with its removal massively dumbing down the amount of influence intelligence has in combat. Some people like the brain-off simplicity of just having your aim dictate the outcome, but I really enjoy outsmarting my opponents in the games I play.

2. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

Sounds good! Thanks. Forgot about those. Shame crouch jumps are out, a long time favourite of mine. But interesting how little the sprint adjustment is compared to base speed. Guess they're trying for a good middle ground.

3. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

You no longer show on radar unless you sprint or shoot, so not a single person is sprinting in PvP when you add that to the mere 2% speed increase.

It's a far simpler game.

4. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

That's certainly interesting, actually i like that, i think. Playing is obviously the decider there. And i guess social/btb could differ. How big does the radar feel out of curiosity?

5. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

20m, but bigger difference is that the directional sound tells you everything you need to know about your surroundings so I'm not actually aware of how much I used it vs using sound to track players through walls.

6. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

Thanks!

7. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Halo infinite will launch on 8 December without coop and without forge.

It’s starting to look like a train wreck like Halo 5 and Halo MCC. You would have thought that they learned their lesson after launching 2 games in a row missing a lot of fan favorite content.

Any bets on how few multiplayer maps there will be and how many MP modes are missing at launch?

8. Buddy

Wise Guy

Not too fussed about forge. I always play the single player solo initially.

9. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Great, I’d rather have the single player first than see the whole thing delayed. After 4 and 5 I’m not holding my hopes up of a good Halo game though.

10. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

Could have predicted this, as could of anyone.

The xbox MCC launch was the biggest media disapointment ever for me. Followed by years of BS. That surpassed Duke Nukem Forever and Destiny by miles for me. I have zero faith in 343i's ability to deliver a game as advertised, and that's removing blame for the outsourced bits.

Still, free to play, that's something.

11. hyperseven

Sgarrista

December 8th release

12. Relentless81

Capodecina

Is it worth playing Guardians before this comes out in terms of story? I've only recently finished the MCC

13. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

No, only Halo Wars 2 is relevant to the story of Infinite.

14. Relentless81

Capodecina

Ok thanks I was avoiding Guardians I read its not very good

15. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

It's one of the worst campaigns.

16. blairw

Mobster

How did everyone like the BTB weekend then? Has made me even more excited for launch and a fair few of my mates are keen on it for a change from BR games

17. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

I've been under a rock.

Do tell about how much different it is, how was the experience better, etc :)

18. blairw

Mobster

It plays like a blend of Halo 3 and Reach for me - with plenty of new things (grapple etc) to keep it really fresh. BTB is now 12v12 on larger maps - it’s well worth checking out some videos on YouTube

19. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

It’s Halo 3.5.

20. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine