Hampshire Meet - 7th Oct

Soldato
Just been chatting with a few people on MSN and thought it would be a grand idea to organise a Hampshire Meet. So, the details are as follows:

Date: Saturday 7th October 2006 @ 10:30am

Plan:

Meet up in the large carpark in front of the superstores (Homebase, Currys..etc.) have a bit of a chat while we wait for people to arrive. Then we will go for a drive around the Wickham area which is very rural and has some great roads. We will then stop off at a pub for some lunch, drinks and a chat.

Here is a video from the last meet in Jan

Where will we be meeting?
Tollbar Way, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2UH
meeting.jpg

Where is the pub?
About 15 mins drive from the meeting place
Hunters Inn, Swanmore, Hampshire, SO32 2PZ
pub.jpg

NW London Convoy

NickXX said:
For anyone coming down with the NW London convoy, this is where we're meeting. It's just off Junction 21a. Head North up towards St Albans and it's on the next roundabout.

[Now leaving at 9:00]

Think so far we have Me, JoeT, PMKeates, Phate, Noz, Oblivious meeting there.

Address is:

551 Watford Road, St Albans. AL2 3DG

Attendees:

F355 - Ian - Alfa 146
ci_newman - Chris - Toyota MR2 Mk2 GTi-16
[TW]Fox - Mike - BMW 530i Sport
bam0 - Al - Rover 216
NickXX - Nick - BMW 330d
SoliD - Paul - (No Car)
nicRob - Rob - Fiesta
-westy- - Ben - Pug 205
PMKeates - Sam - BMW 330i
Jez - Jez - Seat Leon
Tesla - Chris - Ford Mondeo 2.0
MrMatteh - Matt - Renault Clio 16v
woodsy2k - Jonathan - (no car)
PeterNem - Peter - Ford Mondeo V6
Nozzer - Tom - Lotus Elise S1
Oblivious - Andrew - Lotus Elise S1
JoeT - Joe - BMW 330d
Paradigm - El - Seat Leon - The fast one
Firestar_3x - Mark Mazda MX-5
austinpowers - Andrew - Rover 820 Turbo
Phate - Jacob - Vaux Astra
OllyM - Olliver - Ford Mondeo 2.0
WillGill - Will - Impreza P1

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
SoliD said:
If you let me know what pub/area you are going to stop at i might try to ride my bike down if its not too far. planning on wickham area pub?
Yeah its around there. Bishops Waltham kind of area. I still need to find the address so keep an eye on this thread :)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Someone want to call Regal and see if they could fit us in for the morning? We could have a mini RR day then bog off to the pub then go hooning or something.

Bah! Your idea and you don't want to phone :D

First question is who would definitely run their car? I am guessing it will be a fair bit more expensive than Powerstation as we are such a small group.. probably more like £50 each.

I might be able to phone tomorrow if I know roughly now many, because that will be the first question they will ask.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
I'm sure we can get at least 10? I'd run if it was 25 quid..

I would say more around 5 and I am not sure £25/run is viable for such a small group. We will see what they say though, they might not be avaliable on the 7th.

Soldato
OP
I will see if I can phone tomorrow some time. I wouldn't get too exited yet, because I am guessing either they won't be able to do the 7th or it will be too expensive for you lot :p

If not the old plan stands and we will have to wait for Conanius to organise the next RR for our RR fix.

Soldato
OP
Give me a chance people :p

Just got off the phone to Regal and they said that next weekend is probably not viable, and it will be around the £50 mark :( They said to drop them an email with a list of cars and they will see what they can do.

So, the ball is in Fox's court now. I could allways email them and hopefully they can sort something, but price might be a problem.

Soldato
OP
NickXX said:
What cars are people going to be bringing? From what I can remember, the list is something like this:

F355 - Ian - Alfa 146
ci_newman - Chris - Toyota MR2 Mk2 GTi-16
[TW]Fox - Mike - BMW 316
bam0 - Al - Rover 216
NickXX - Nick - BMW 330d
OllyM - Oliver - Ford Mondeo 2.0
SoliD - Paul - (No Car)
nicRob - Rob - Fiesta
-westy- - Ben - Pug 205
PMKeates - Sam - BMW 330i
Jez - Jez - Seat Leon
Tesla - Chris - Ford Mondeo 2.0
MrMatteh - Matt - Renault Clio 16v
woodsy2k - Jonathan - (no car)
PeterNem - Peter - Ford Mondeo V6
Nozzer - Tom - Lotus Elise S1
Oblivious - Andrew - Lotus Elise S1
JoeT (Maybe) - Joe - BMW 330d
Paradigm - El - Seat Leon - The fast one
Firestar_3x - Mark Mazda MX-5
austinpowers - Andrew - Rover 820 Turbo

That is a bit more complete (hope its right)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have emailed Regal so lets see what they can do.

bam0 said:
400? 400?!
I'm not driving that much of a grandad mobile. 216 coupe, thanks ;)

I apologize :p I did think it was a 200. Should have given you the benefit of the doubt :D

Soldato
OP
OllyM said:
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this now - my dad died yesterday, so it's going to be a very hard/busy week. :(

Sorry to hear that Olly :( Obviously feel free to pop down if you want to have a break for an afternoon

Soldato
OP
Joe T said:
Can I just ask, is meeting in a superstore car park a good idea on a saturday morning? These places can be pretty busy around then. :)

Trust me. This carpark is huge and its normally only half empty even on a Saturday. We had the last Soton meet there and it was perfect :)

Plus no security to send us away when Fox starts doing burnouts :p

Soldato
OP
ci_newman said:
I can vouch for that! On that point, where abouts are we actually meeting in there???

Same place as last time (Or any large bit of carpark with no cars). Don't worry, I am sure we will find each other :D

Soldato
OP
No reply from Regal yet. I think we will have to can the RR idea and anybody wanting a run will have to go to the RR that Conanius is organising.

The old plan still stands though, just about to go and find a nice pub with a large carpark.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Last time we ended up out in the Meon Valley which had great roads. A pub around here would be more enjoyable than a convoy through Southampton and the urban sprawl to Hamble I think.

We will be right by the meon valley. I found an ok pub in the meon valley but the hunters inn has a better carpark and its literally only 5 mins from the meon valley. Also the slightly shorter initial convoy will be better.

Soldato
OP
I am going to phone the pub tomorrow to warn them that we are coming and ask for a rough menu and prices.

SoliD said:
Ahh wicked, only 7.6 miles from my house, so if the weather aint bad ill take a cycle down and meet you all for lunch. What time are you likely to be getting there?

We will probably be there between about 12 and 1 so if you aim to get there about 12:30 it should be fine :)

Soldato
OP
Take the cam and just edit out the plates. I can't see how having the plates in makes much difference, as long as it doesn't show anything dodgy :D

Soldato
OP
My car passed the MOT :D and the weather is looking good for tomorrow, thank goodness :D *wipes brow*

Just need to give the car a quick clean now :)

Soldato
OP
Jez said:
What time are you lot going to be leaving the car park? 10:30 is going to be a push!
I am not exactly sure, until everyone has arrived I suppose. We will probably still be there upto about 11:30.

Back
Top Bottom