Hampshire Meet - 7th Oct

Soldato
OP
No reply from Regal yet. I think we will have to can the RR idea and anybody wanting a run will have to go to the RR that Conanius is organising.

The old plan still stands though, just about to go and find a nice pub with a large carpark.

Caporegime
Firestar_3x said:
Well meet is on the 7th so i dunno if we should come down 6th afternoon, stop over 6th and 7th, have some ocuk camping field fun then head back home on the sunday?

What you think El?
So didn't see this yesterday... Speak to ben about plans anyway :)

Suspended
F355 said:
No reply from Regal yet. I think we will have to can the RR idea and anybody wanting a run will have to go to the RR that Conanius is organising.

The old plan still stands though, just about to go and find a nice pub with a large carpark.
Don't want to stick my oar in, but would it not be better to find a decent pub beforehand and let them know to expect ~10 cars and ~15 people? :)

Soldato
Where about are you looking for the pub to be? I was social sec in the motor club at uni last year, I know the pubs of southern Hants quite well from a turning up in large numbers of cars point of view.

Suspended
burns said:
Where about are you looking for the pub to be? I was social sec in the motor club at uni last year, I know the pubs of southern Hants quite well from a turning up in large numbers of cars point of view.
Preferably not too far from Soton, but you sound like the ideal person to know :).

Soldato
The Whyte Hart in hamble is good, only has a small car park but it's over the road from a public car park which I *think* is free. The White Horse in Bishop's Waltham is nice too, probably pushing it on car park size though. They do a nice chilli though. The Millburys would probably be best though, if not that close to Southampton. The car park is huge and they do great beer and food. I'm not sure the food is that cheap, but there're some excelent roads around there to drive to on too.

Man of Honour
Last time we ended up out in the Meon Valley which had great roads. A pub around here would be more enjoyable than a convoy through Southampton and the urban sprawl to Hamble I think.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Last time we ended up out in the Meon Valley which had great roads. A pub around here would be more enjoyable than a convoy through Southampton and the urban sprawl to Hamble I think.

We will be right by the meon valley. I found an ok pub in the meon valley but the hunters inn has a better carpark and its literally only 5 mins from the meon valley. Also the slightly shorter initial convoy will be better.

Suspended
F355 said:
Don't worry I have sorted the Pub.

It is going to be the Hunters Inn, Swanmore. Big carpark and looks like a nice pub. Post code is: SO32 2PZ.
Cool, a short hop over to Goodwood and the A286 for my route home
icon14.gif

Back
Top Bottom