Hampshire Meet - 7th Oct

Soldato
OP
Another great OcUK meet. Thanks to everybody that turned up!

Also thanks to Tom for the passenger ride in the Elise, all I can say is 'I want one' :D

SoliD said:
Hope whoevers alfa it is makes it back safe and sound

It did - thanks to GreenFlag :o Tomorrows task will be finding out what is wrong, although it still runs it is not healthy :( I am hoping it's just a sensor that has died.

Suspended
F355 said:
Also thanks to Tom for the passenger ride in the Elise, all I can say is 'I want one' :D
It was a pleasure. I think you probably got the 'best' run, ie I knew which way the corners went, the engine was warm and we had no traffic ;)

Apologies if anyone wanted a ride and didn't get one.

edit: Sorry to hear about the Alfa, hope it's cheap and easy (Italian things never are).

Last edited:
Soldato
bam0 said:
fox2.jpg

Oh great, Ben's got the BMW bug :p

Fox - "If you press this button, you magically gain another few inches"
Westy - "Oh oh, let me, let me"
PMKeates - /snigger "I've already got my few inches"

Looks like a damn good day guys, fantastic turn out! Hopefully I'll be making it to the next one.

Permabanned
Just got back, sorry for leaving a few minutes early at the third site.

Felt really ill, and some of you may have spotted me on the A34 having a nap for 10min after taking some tablets.

Finally got in, and I have to say it really was the journey from hell, driving an Elise aggrevated my condition :( Shame really as it was an absolutely smashing day before. The weather was good, the company excellent, brilliant food, and the token policeman :)

Can't wait to see you all again.

Soldato
agw_01 said:
Looks like a damn good day guys, fantastic turn out! Hopefully I'll be making it to the next one.
Would be nice not being the only rover, although mine is always the object of ridicule, and deservedly so. This time many people witnessed the wonder of rover laquer, and how easily it detaches from plastic items like my spoiler.
Also for some reason the drivers side interior door handle broke on me halfway through the day. Still, it cost me bugger all.

Soldato
A Coupe by any chance?

For some reason, the laquer on the Coupe spoilers is shocking. Us hatch people don't have that problem :p

Yours will have to be an absolute corker to beat mine in the shed stakes though. Although my lack of talent in the DIY department is the reason mine looks bad. If I'd have left it alone, it would actually look half decent.

Don
F355 said:
Another great OcUK meet. Thanks to everybody that turned up!

It did - thanks to GreenFlag :o Tomorrows task will be finding out what is wrong, although it still runs it is not healthy :( I am hoping it's just a sensor that has died.

Hmm... sounds curious! You rebuilt that engine close to a year ago! What happened to it? Did the Clio make it back in one piece after dribbling power steering fluid everywhere?

T'was a great day all :D Lovely weather and gave me a chance to take the roof off... Now i just need to clean it...

Associate
ci_newman said:
Hmm... sounds curious! You rebuilt that engine close to a year ago! What happened to it? Did the Clio make it back in one piece after dribbling power steering fluid everywhere?

T'was a great day all :D Lovely weather and gave me a chance to take the roof off... Now i just need to clean it...

hehe, clio made it back in one piece, im surprised :D

gonna take a look tomorrow, see what all the fuss is about. I know the pump is knackered and i think air is getting in to the system, which might be causing it

Permabanned
MrMatteh said:
hehe, clio made it back in one piece, im surprised :D

gonna take a look tomorrow, see what all the fuss is about. I know the pump is knackered and i think air is getting in to the system, which might be causing it

Are you the driver of that car?

Permabanned
MrMatteh said:
*watches everyone scarper.*

damn keyboard warriors :p

Yeah but we didnt realise he was police at the time, He was just a huge guy with a strange smile on his face.

I recognised him straight away from outside the house down the road, he looked like he was going to wack you.

Man of Honour
Funniest conversation all day went something like this:

Oblivious: Jez, dont lose me please, I dont know the way back
Jez: Mate you've got an Elise, I have a Leon 1.9TDI, I hardly think I'm going to lose you.

15 minutes later, my phone rings. It is Jez.

Jez: I've lost Oblivious.. one minute he was there, next he was gone..

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
Funniest conversation all day went something like this:

Oblivious: Jez, dont lose me please, I dont know the way back
Jez: Mate you've got an Elise, I have a Leon 1.9TDI, I hardly think I'm going to lose you.

15 minutes later, my phone rings. It is Jez.

Jez: I've lost Oblivious.. one minute he was there, next he was gone..

Thats when I was feeling mega ill, and couldnt drive any further :(

But yes, I was a bit silly for saying that. Then again Jez drives like PeterNem both are complete nutters.

Associate
Had a great time, was good to have a ride in lots of cars, and also to meet everyone (met quite a few before at the other 2 meet I've been too). Fox's 530i was very impressive I must say, also enjoyed westy's 205 and matteh's clio 16v. Noz's elise was very nice, and will's P1 was awesome :p
Many thanks too to Olly, for giving me a lift too and from the meet :)

Havent got many photos, but will upload some later.

Soldato
agw_01 said:
That car is stupid!

I nearly understeered off the road while trying to keep up with it around a long sweeping bend :(
Get some proper tyres! What size rubber do your hairpins take?

Saying that, tested mine properly tonight on the way home from work as its dry, same corner, instead of flexing and understeering into the other lane. Keep it fully planted, not a hint of understeer, fatter rubber and front strut brace is definatly ***! This is with a continental sport contact 2 and a similar standard pirelli on the front with lowish tread, so when i get some good tyres ill be grinning ear to ear! :D

Soldato
That was before it was braced up.

Would be a hell of a lot better now, but there's no way in hell I'd ever keep pace with the 205 GTi through the twisties.

Awesome little cars.

Currently got 205/50/R16 on.

Soldato
Just got in!

What another fantastic meet. Always a great laugh, Nozzer, Oblivious and Will first time I have chatted with you properly and you are all really funny! Really enjoyed the entire day.

My Mondeo is running so much better since I gave it a full service, used to have a massive flat spot which was very annoying but now it's gone and it is much nicer to drive. I reckon it was changing the plugs that did it.

I hope Ian's Alfa turns out a really simple fix, preferably free. I did get to see his Mini and was very impressed- It's almost there really!

I have some pics but not really any different to those above.

Back
Top Bottom