Has anybody had any problems with Mayhems X1?

Associate
Pasty whilst it's unlikely to be the route of the issue however since you've changed most other things - have you tried with a spare radiator or tried just one of the radiators (assuming you run 2 as per your sig specs)? As mentioned it's highly unlikely but maybe something is just refusing to be dislodged or has been exposed in the radiator's core.

Associate
Yep as mentioned it's highly unlikely after as many run throughs, was leaning more towards something that's been exposed by the blitz as opposed to gunk that is readily shifted.

If there's no luck from trying the rads independently (which if in your position I would still be inclined to do no matter how unlikely) I've got a spare 120mm EK PE rad (new but would need the initial shake out) you're welcome to plug and see if it eliminates that as a source of issues - would only ask that the p&p is covered.

Associate
Finally got someone to reply to me in English at the German based company. They are taking the fittings back for a full refund. I have to pay the postage but at least I should clear £50 when it's all done with. Lesson learned and I will not be buying from them ever again.

Mick, why it is such a problem with this size (16/10mm) tubing and fittings? I have never had this problem with 7/16" or 1/2" tubing and fittings. The 7/16" tubing and fittings I had before this where so tight that you could have somone stand on the end of some tubing while you pulled for all you are worth and they wouldn't come out yet 16/10mm either barely grips or doesn't grip at all. It would be excellent if you did decide to sell your own fittings at some point.

I think once again its tolerance. Because the tubing is thick it has more flex and heat changes the strings in the tubing dramatically. Companies do not take this into account when making fittings and try to standardize them. if we could do it i would go into fittings how ever you have to by large volumes and sell them else its money sitting on the self. We have been caught out this way, way to many times.

pastymuncher - maybe i should come visit you and have a look my self at the problem!

Last edited:
Soldato
I received the EK-ZMT tube 16/11mm, they look like something they would use in cars or bikes (in a good way)
Using my xspc 16/11 fittings is a really tight fit, but I can fit the compression caps, also I cannot see it coming out of it at any point.
Now I have all the parts, I just need to get some time free to clean my loops.

Soldato
3 weeks later I still didn't finish to put my pc back together, I've been really busy.... actually everything is in place (apart from most cables).
I'm filling up the loop with DI water for leak test, after that I will drain and fill with the coolant.

So far this is how it looks like:
ZhZ7AP0.jpg

Soldato
Almost 1 month after I took my PC apart finally It is back together and I will be doing some tests as I upgraded the cpu, mb and ram, also I replaced the cpu block, added a mb mosfet block and replaced some rads.

Did a leak test for 4 days, I know it is more than we should, but I had no time to finish building it.

So far everything is working... need to finish installing drivers and will start to overclock :D

Soldato
Hehe, i bet you had fun bleeding the air out with all them rads and black pipes :)

Mines in bits atm, got my hands on a couple of mayhems rads and they came with some cleaning fluid and coolant so im giving that a go. Finally got myself a 480 for the top been after one for ages to replace my 360 but i didnt wanna fork out the silly money they ask for the decent thick ones.

You'll have to get a picture of yours up in the watercooling section or summat when your done, i dont think people will belive how many rads you got into that thing :)

Back
Top Bottom