has anyone used digital rev?

Soldato
they have a ebay site but thats not what im concerned with

the company is based in hong kong but they have a really good reputation both from their official site and from their ebay site.

my concern is that there is a camera i want to buy from them and its about £50 cheaper than anywhere else, but im not sure wether this is the actual price or if this is just without the tax that will be slapped on when it lands in the country.

has anyone used them and do you know if the price shown will be the total price paid inc tax/duty?

Soldato
OP
so if i purchased the camera from them the £250 the site shows (the site recognizes that im in the uk) will be the total amount i will pay?

they do free shipping too which is a bonus

im not too concerned with the warranty issue, ive never had a problem with the fuji cameras

Soldato
There is nothing wrong with DigitalRev, they are totally legit and have the BEST YouTube channel.

Like the previous poster says, you don't have a warranty in the UK.... that said, if you read the small print, DigitalRev will honour the original warranty, by sending it back to them. I'm sure in a recent thread, somebody said they had setup some kind of place you could make warranty claims in the UK now.

Soldato
I've had a few things off them lately, all delivered in good time, no extra to pay and quite helpful.

There is a dedicated forum over on TalkPhotography if you want to ask them questions prior to purchase, they occasionally give discount for some stuff..

Soldato

They tick the gift box and mark it as low value so for the majority of packages, it will get through customs without any trouble.
However, if it gets picked out as routine check or if they suspect that it's not low value then they'll hit it with the charge.
They have that so they cover themselves. Also, as a business they cannot say that they'll send it as a gift with low value because that's fraud I think, as it's tax avoidance?

Soldato
I've just got a Tamron 17-50 from them, only paid £215 and came in 3 days.

Since it was ordered on a UK bank holiday I suspect it would have taken longer from a UK seller (I'm still waiting for some Waterstones books ordered last week).

Back
Top Bottom