Have you ever destroyed any hardware/software purposefully through RAGE!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Only once but it wasn't anything valuable or useful. I spent an hour taking a mouse apart several times and cleaning and lubricating the ball/roller mechanism as it was sticky. After about 5 attempts to get it working properly with no success, I got the rage, picked it up by the lead and smashed the stupid thing off the desk until it was sufficiently fragmented it I needed a vacuum cleaner to pick up the bits. Then I went to the shop and bought one of those sexy, new-fangled optical jobbies.

Soldato
As a kid I got mightily ****** off with a game I was playing and launched my PS1 controller at the wall, I didn't know that they were plasterboard walls and the controller made a hole and just stuck in the wall,

I got a proper bollocking from my dad and never raged that hard again

Associate
The only ones I can think of are work related - I threw my work phone across the office one day (probably after speaking to some nasty *******, which broke the handset. Verbal warning for that one.

The next was a 'near destruction incident'. After getting a real toasting from a customer (again over the phone), I picked up a coffee mug (which I though was empty), in preperation for smashing it against the wall... It was half full of cold coffee, which covered both my colleague and I. We ended up creased up with laughter for the next half hour... :p

Soldato
Many controllers courtesy of Fifa. A few mice. Nothing serious.

Oh, and many, many pens at work have been thrown at the wall. Not really computer hardware related though.

Soldato
Only my £2200 gaming rig. Ripped it from under the desk and smashed it repeatedly corner-ways into the carpet until it fell to bits. #angermanagement

Soldato
You all sound very angry, perhaps you need to takea few deep breaths

I watched a video on youtube of 2 guys blowing up a Macbook Air because they were going to buy the new one that day, complete waste of money but fun to watch.

There's also the legendary brick-in-a-washing machine video

Soldato
FIFA rage has resulted in 2 xbox 360 pads sounding like baby rattles, fitting really as raging to the point of frothing at the mouth and red in the face is very babyish. I can't help it though, it's so bs a times.

Back
Top Bottom