Have you ever destroyed any hardware/software purposefully through RAGE!

Permabanned
Threw a ps3 controller at my Panasonic viera braking them both :(

Learned my lesson and now i just run downstairs leap over the fence into the neighbors garden and kick neighbors dog, then i carry on with my gaming. :)

Man of Honour
Never broke anything in ragd but i remember my dad throwing my original game boy at the wall as a kid. i bounced off the light switch which shattered he threw it again and it still worked playing that annoying music. he finish it off with a sledgehammer in the garden

lesson wasn't learnt and my psone also met a similar fate

Soldato
Never broke anything but have had 'The Rage'. Need for Speed: Underground use to get me to be honest, has anyone experienced this? Hitting something on the final 8th lap and being brought to a complete stand-still whilst all the other cars with catch-up mode over take was annoying to say the least!

Associate
I haven't myself, I am a winner! :cool:

However a colleague has snapped his G15 in half in his hands in rage. Yes he was losing! :D

:D
I remember that...mentioning no names.

I've come close but never actually broken anything, or not that I can remember. I did have to stop playing Wii boxing though as I got so frustrated I nearly launched the controller through the TV. Since then I've stuck to PC gaming.

Associate
No I haven't because I'm not a mindless ape :p

I never get it when people get so angry they destroy something. My friend recently said to me "I was so angry I punched the wall" then went on to show me his bruised knuckles. I never get it, you're a moron if you can't contain your emotions and instead have to turn Caveman mode on and hit something :p

Its to displace anger/stress into a less threatening object.

Soldato
About 12 years ago I ripped a network card out of a PC, took it out into the back garden, smashed it to bits with a hammer then collected all the fragments together, placed them in a pile and poured some petrol over them. They were then set on fire.

It felt absolutely great at the time. For 10 seconds maybe. :p

Associate
fifa 11.Was getting beat on multiplayer game after game.So i ended the misery...grabbed the disc and snapped it into little bits.fifa 12 has came close but ended up a spin around the living room.

Associate
Only with one piece of technology, an old massive CRT TV must have been around 28 inches. you know the ones that had a big pain of glass attached to the front of it to make it look like a flat screen I think it was Panasonic. Anyway it had an intermittent fault where the screen would just go blank and would work if you banged the side of it, one day it kept happening and after the 8th or 9th time I hit it so hard the side of my fist went through the chipboard cabinet and the TV just flashed off. i was so ****** off that day it was unreal

just thinking back that TV had the oddest remote control I had ever seen it was around 6 inches square and tapered like wedge

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was going to post ages ago but can't for the life of me remember what game disc I snapped, something years and years ago, like single cd full game years ago. That's about it, my brother is hilarious with consoles though, I think the only controllers he hasn't gone through loads of were NES ones, basic and unbreakable or we were just too small to break them back then, no idea.

Played so many games on snes controllers that rattled due to loose broken bits of plastic inside, dodgey n64 controllers and even at over 30 years old one of his PS3 controllers is pretty screwed up :p

I think Goldeneye 64/Super Mario Cart were the biggest offenders in terms of winding him up. Sometimes you just had to let him win as you feared for the controller :p

Back
Top Bottom