Hayfever - Thread

Sho

Sho

Soldato
The only thing that works for me is Nasonex nasal spray.

And it damn works aswell. Ever since my GP prescribed it to me a few years back, it's been awesome. None of these tablets that never work. Take it twice a day before the Heyfever season starts and then you don't need to worry about anything else.

And every year I'll go to my GP and ask him that I need my yearly Heyfever spray.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Interesting, I may have to seek that out next year.

It actually works. Some people that I know do the exact thing like me, just before the Heyfever season start they'll go and see their GP and get one prescribed. Take it for a month a or so. And your all good after that.

Soldato
Does it cause any soreness to nasal passages as I read on the Nasonex website can cause nose bleeds and throat infections. Cure one thing to cause another haha

I only say as my nose is sensitive at best of times.

Soldato
Morrison's Cetrizine Hydrochloride - cheap and are working brilliantly for me this year. I bought some on the off chance!

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Does it cause any soreness to nasal passages as I read on the Nasonex website can cause nose bleeds and throat infections. Cure one thing to cause another haha

I only say as my nose is sensitive at best of times.

No. I've been using Nasonex for the last 5 years and never had any problems.

Soldato
It actually works. Some people that I know do the exact thing like me, just before the Heyfever season start they'll go and see their GP and get one prescribed. Take it for a month a or so. And your all good after that.

Works like a charm for me too - the only thing that has. For me it stops working as soon as I stop taking it tho, which is annoying as it's a steroid and i'd like to take it all year round due to other dust allergies. No harm in using it for 2 to 3 months during the summer tho.

Last edited:

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Works like a charm for me too - the only thing that has. For me it stops working as soon as I stop taking it tho, which is annoying as it's a steroid and i'd like to take it all year round to to other dust allergies. No harm in using it for 2 to 3 months during the summer tho.

Yea thats about the only down side about it. But i make sure my gp precribes me enough, or il just make another visit to GP.

Soldato
I've been ok up until about 10 days ago, it is getting ridiculous. The first hour of my morning consists of me being in an awful mood, snotting and sneezing everywhere!

Associate
I was ok until about a week ago but now it's affecting me. Not as bad as it has done in the past though. I take my tesco lotradine hayfever tab each morning and use beconase each morning as well and it seems to hold up ok, haven't been bad enough to use the spray and tablets in the evening yet which I'm happy about. Just a bit of sneezing and itchy eyes every now and then.

Associate
Since avoiding the Pollen Showers that take place at certain times of the day/night, by closing the windows, I have had a massive reduction in symptoms. Still sniffling etc. but I am way better than in the past.

Some things I did/notice:
1. Took paracetamol to avoid flu-like reaction - this meant my body was less busy fighting the combined flu/allergic reaction
2. Ate lots of fruit with Vitamin C content
3. Eating during an attack seems to stop it for some reason
4. Kept up regular gymming, which means my immune system stays strong

Fingers crossed I stay okay for the rest of the season!

Soldato
It's really started affecting me as of yesterday, noticed co-workers also being blasted by it suddenly. Couldn't sleep til 6am because of my face being bunged up, the fun begins. :(

Soldato
I'm going to the docs soon, I can't go on like this every summer. I've had a bit of luck with Acrivastine but not much else seems to work. Nasal sprays are a complete waste of time for me.

Associate
Definitely get some stronger stuff - I'm on my first day of fexofenadine tablets (prescription only) and fluticasone spray (speak to a chemist) and I feel much better already. Usually I'm just a constant stream snot and sneezing, not pleasant :)

Soldato
I used to get hayfever worse than you can ever imagine, now i have an injection twice a year...kenalog, aka Triamcinolone Acetonide.

Now i dont get any symptoms. Infact i had my second one today :)

Back
Top Bottom