Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
I used to get hayfever worse than you can ever imagine, now i have an injection twice a year...kenalog, aka Triamcinolone Acetonide.

Now i dont get any symptoms. Infact i had my second one today :)

I asked about an injection years ago, persistently in fact and was told no by my doc on each occasion. I can't remember what the reasons were.

Soldato
*dances* It's been too wet over normal pollen season so I have managed to avoid the bits that usually get me (April-May), just getting cat hair sneezes instead...

Associate
I asked about an injection years ago, persistently in fact and was told no by my doc on each occasion. I can't remember what the reasons were.

I was told no, due to the amount of different pollens I'm allergic to :( Sucks pretty much suffer from April through to September/October.

Soldato
i have only managed to find one doctor and now lie about my address to stay on their register, as most wont give it due to its links with osteoperosis. my doctors thoughts are that i am as far removed from the risk of getting it that even a ten fold increase of that risk makes it negligible compared to the suffering that hayfever 100% does cause me.

Man of Honour
Been fully stoked on my steroids since march. I hate hayfever...

It's still kicked in a little over the last couple of days . Damn. :(

Soldato
Is anyone else finding that medication just isn't helping this year?

My one a day tablets I normally take last a couple of hours, the Chlorphenamine tablets barely make a difference.

A work friend has medication from her doctor and that's not helping her, and most sufferers I know at the moment are feeling the same thing :(

Soldato
Is anyone else finding that medication just isn't helping this year?

My one a day tablets I normally take last a couple of hours, the Chlorphenamine tablets barely make a difference.

A work friend has medication from her doctor and that's not helping her, and most sufferers I know at the moment are feeling the same thing :(
Yup! Nothing seems to help for some reason... It stops for a bit but not the whole day! ;/ I need at least 2 tablets a day to get anywhere... Stupid hayfever!

Associate
This past weekend has been terrible, I've been taking my meds as directed but even they seem to have been less effective than normal.

If I stayed in the house, the sneezing and runny nose seemed to stop after 20 mins or so, but outside, forget it. Major pain in the backside as I really needed to get some gardening done.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
been horrid this last week, was fine until it started hitting the high teens and then boom waking up feeling like i have flu and unable to shift it for a couple of hours. total buggered up my ideas of getting out on the bike first thing in the mornings.

Soldato
I've got hayfever for the first time in my life (I'm 26). It's hit me like a brick to the face.

Any tips or recommended meds to help me out? Never had to deal with this before.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
honestly take your pick of the big brands as everyone is different depending on what is setting them off.

Soldato
Only started suffering from about 3-4 years ago, I used Cetirizine (non branded), and it works most of the time.

Except for when I'm sitting in the garden at my girlfriends house. Something must be in there that is really getting me! I was sat in my garden from 2pm - 8pm yesterday and had no problems, yet sat in hers from 3pm-5pm and my eyes were streaming!!

Nose has been blocked up for about 2 weeks now aswell :(

If it gets much worse I could be tempted to get a prescription for Fexofenadine, I took it for about a month last summer for a rash. And was never bothered by hayfever.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Any reason why the big brands? What do they usually have different to say Tesco's own brand stuff?

well you can try them but im just going off of my own experience with cheaper options they just didn't do a thing for me at all. but then again everyone is a little different.

Back
Top Bottom