Hazro Aluminium monitors now available from OcUK!!

Associate
There are pictures dotted around :p just do a search!

pc_TFT_Hazro_colours.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

:)

Given the slight shade differences shooting a monitor with a digital camera Pretty accurate as a basic comparison eh :p

what size screen is this?

can anyone tell me about the stand adjustability.

Soldato
what size screen is this?

can anyone tell me about the stand adjustability.

IT's the 24" HZ24WB (b for black), only forwards/backwards tilt on the screen (as with Apple Cinema Displays). Hazro sell a mounting bracket that attaches to the back and then gives you standard 100mm vesa holes so that you can get an aftermarket stand with more adjustment if you need it.

I've never seen the point of swivel TBH, it always looks wierd to my eyes - must be sensing the change in orientation of the sub-pixels!

Associate
Yeah I dont need swivel but I am a bit concerned about the up/down tilt.

From the photos, it looks like it cannot be tilted downwards beyond a 90 degree angle, so basically not at all. I would like to be able to tilt it down as well as up.

Can you confirm this?

Associate
What do you mean, "issues"?

In brief
Lets start by saying 72% is the "norm", sRGB as its also known and just about everything in the "norm" uses sRGB. from the internet to gaming.

The issues are mainly that when working on the net, playing games, anything specifically not designed for a 92% gamut display will look blown out and over saturated especially the greens and reds.

these issues can be calibrated away....almost

Associate
I don't really understand why if the colours aren't used in standard things such as webpages and games, then why do they make a difference to a 92% screen. Why don't they just ensure only 72% colours are used and that way any colours that the 92% could show won't be there any way.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't really understand why if the colours aren't used in standard things such as webpages and games, then why do they make a difference to a 92% screen. Why don't they just ensure only 72% colours are used and that way any colours that the 92% could show won't be there any way.

Because it's a bit more complex than that! To be able to map the 72% onto the 92% that the monitor can display the application (or operating system) needs to be "colour aware". Firefox 3 is (if you enable it manually), IE isn't. Certain apps are, and certain aren't.

Don't bother getting a high-gamut screen unless you actually need one: Photography pros whos primary medium isn't the web, pre-press and a few others are the only people that actually need high-gamut (and can therefore justify the expense of purchasing a calibration system along with their monitor).

Back
Top Bottom