Hazro Aluminium monitors now available from OcUK!!

Man of Honour
I have no dead pixels or stuck pixels or hot pixels or peeping pixels or anything and I'm still rockin' on with my 24" :p

It makes every other LCD in the house look like toys too so all is cool with me!

Man of Honour
Just been playing with calibration tonight and made some findings such as better calibration results using the auto mode on the Eye-One Display2 !

pc_TFT_Hazro_calibrated_easymode.JPG

I ended up using the native whitepoint setting so left my monitor on 6500K on the OSD and on the "standard" image mode then let the calibrator do the rest. I get an average dE value of 0.78 compared to 0.86 using manual advanced mode which is excellent.

On the Black Level test I can see from black box 2 onwards if looking closely otherwise black box 3 onwards easily and on the white saturation test I can see them all except the last set of white squares (set 254).

Being an IPS panel I think those are excellent results (more notably the dE value!)

Associate
Just been playing with calibration tonight and made some findings such as better calibration results using the auto mode on the Eye-One Display2 !

img]http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/photos/gear_room/pc_TFT_Hazro_calibrated_easymode.JPG[/img]

I ended up using the native whitepoint setting so left my monitor on 6500K on the OSD and on the "standard" image mode then let the calibrator do the rest. I get an average dE value of 0.78 compared to 0.86 using manual advanced mode which is excellent.

On the url=http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php]Black Level[/url] test I can see from black box 2 onwards if looking closely otherwise black box 3 onwards easily and on the white saturation test I can see them all except the last set of white squares (set 254).

Being an IPS panel I think those are excellent results (more notably the dE value!)

Not all of us have calibrating equipment, so how does this compare to the supplied ICC profile.
Hopefully pretty close.

Man of Honour
I'd say if you didn't use a calibration device and simply set it to standard 6500k in the OSD and dropped the brightness to around 50 then you'd not be able to tell the difference really unless you compared side by side.

Man of Honour
no profile on disc, I don't see how a supplied profile would help too since every monitor even different variations of the same model calibrate differently so supplying a profile may work nicely on one screen but another bought by someone else will have different colours due to the backlight differences and panel characteristics etc.

Associate
So they dont really need much calibrating any way.Which is good to hear :)

Some companies do supply a profile on the disc and yes I agree each and every panel is going to be different, but if their QC is up to scratch then the variances wont be by much, but if they hardly need calibrating then this is probably why there isnt one.

Man of Honour
There are pictures dotted around :p just do a search!

pc_TFT_Hazro_colours.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

:)

Given the slight shade differences shooting a monitor with a digital camera Pretty accurate as a basic comparison eh :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I love:
The screen quality and sharpness/colour
Aluminium casing all around
Design

I don't like:
Lack of height adjustment in the default stand
Slanted badge on front!!! (minor issue admittedly)

Back
Top Bottom