Hazro Monitors - Sending back

Some peaple might think that £419.99 is not a lot of money but it is to me when the product is not working properly the way it should and to my satisfaction.

I paid £520 for the A screen and that is a lot of money for me!

How did you contact them for the DSR? I sent them a webnote on Wed am but have not heard anything back yet.

I paid £520 for the A screen and that is a lot of money for me!

How did you contact them for the DSR? I sent them a webnote on Wed am but have not heard anything back yet.

I got an email back saying that they would email me an RMA number to the same email addess, but no email.

After a couple of days I phoned them up and someone on support resent the email a couple of times and I instantly received two emails ;) So while you should get an instant auto reply to any webnote if you do not get the RMA number back after an hour or two I'd give them a quick call, they were fast to sort things out.

Although I can confirm though that they do not pick up monitors for DSR even if we pay, so unfortunately we are on our own there.

I got an email back saying that they would email me an RMA number to the same email addess, but no email.

After a couple of days I phoned them up and someone on support resent the email a couple of times and I instantly received two emails ;) So while you should get an instant auto reply to any webnote if you do not get the RMA number back after an hour or two I'd give them a quick call, they were fast to sort things out.

Although I can confirm though that they do not pick up monitors for DSR even if we pay, so unfortunately we are on our own there.

Lomax, did you get a special number from OcUK similar to the RMA number that you have to put on the package so that OcUK knows the screen has been sent back under DSR and from which order it has came from?

Or do you just need to put the OcUK address on the package and that's it?

This is the same response ive got, seems to me like they are trying to extend the time so you cant send it back within the dsr 7 day period..... it stinks

This is the same response ive got, seems to me like they are trying to extend the time so you cant send it back within the dsr 7 day period..... it stinks

As far as I know, you should be fine as long you've notified OcUK within the 7 day period of you having the product that you will be sending under DSR.

It looks like we might have to phone OcUK up to get the proper informations we need in order for us to proceed in send the screen to them.

When you say to them you sending a product under DSR, after this it seems they are in no hurry to respond quickly under webnote.

I'll probably give them until the start of this week comming and then just phone them up.

Lomax, did you get a special number from OcUK similar to the RMA number that you have to put on the package so that OcUK knows the screen has been sent back under DSR and from which order it has came from?

Or do you just need to put the OcUK address on the package and that's it?

I did get an RMA number, and I confirmed on the phone that this was needed for DSR returns.

An excerpt from the email is below (I hope this is ok as its effectively standard boiler plate rather then personal correspondance).

"Please only return the products listed above on this RMA. Any products returned that are not on this RMA will be rejected and subject to a £10 + all shipping costs including collection charges if applicable + VAT charge.
Problem / Fault description: Unwanted [Customer Changed their Mind],"

So they confirmed its a DSR in a way since they called it "Customer changed their mind".

I'll need to put the RMA number on both sides of the package, I'll construct something thats safe before sending it back for sure.

Best of luck folks sending it back, unfortunately its an area where Overclockers are weak on since they leave the customer alone when trying to send something back to them rather then extend to us the use of their courier account (even if the customer is still going to pay the costs).

While I can understand Overclockers won't be estatic about having DSR's, reality is that they do happen, and unfortunately my expectations and the product I received with this monitor were far apart. I've also been what I would hope is a pretty consistent customer (this is my first return too), I hope in future they look at this area of their business, at least for people who do not abuse the DSR system.

Just to confirm too, for those of you who have received an email saying you will receive an RMA, I'd give them a call up to nudge them since it seems like someone forgot to send out the original email (probably too many returns :( ).

Well I have just contacted OcUK by phone asking them if the have to give me a special number that you have to put on the package so that OcUK knows the screen
has been sent back under DSR and from which order it has came from and they said to me you will get a RMA number.

I said to them that i`m sending the product under DSR not RMA so do they need to give me a different number and they said to me no, it will be a RMA number
they will give me and I should receive it shortly.

Can anyone please tell me whether this is correct that thay should be giving me a RMA number for sending products under DSR because i`m worried when they
receive the screen back, they treat in as RMA and try and send me out a replacement?

I've returned an item to OCUK for DSR in the past and they issue you with a RMA number, you return it, they e-mail you when it arrives, they check it over and if everything is okay you get another e-mail with the refund details on.

Just make sure that on all your webnotes/correspondence that you are clear that it is being returned under DSR and not for a replacement

Lomax, I just now received the same email you got.

I take it I just need to print the address and RMA nomber that is on the email on both sides of the package and then proceed to send it to them?

Just to make sure, I wonder if I should print sent under DSR just above the RMA number?

That should not be necessary, on the email you should see something like mine listed as "customer changed their mind" which I guess == DSR.

As for the RMA number that is just how a medium-large sized company works, they might receive 100's of items each day so if returns came in without any sort of number on someone would have to open each one up and work out where they came from, time == money :)

So like the company I work at if it doesn't have an RMA number on it then it gets delayed (or in OC's case just flat out refused).

So as long as your RMA note does state the changed their mind as the reason for the RMA (Return of Materials Authorisation) then that RMA number they have issued will refer to a DSR on their files.

Good luck (probably sending mine back monday now, just hunting around for some good packaging to go around the box it came in).

No problem - hope it works out for you and you remain a happy customer

I have always been a happy customer of OcUK and have always bought my hardware from them and will continue to do so.

I don't blame OcUk, I blame Hazro for releasing the screen with flaws because of not proper testing on their part and cutting corners to save money.

That should not be necessary, on the email you should see something like mine listed as "customer changed their mind" which I guess == DSR.

As for the RMA number that is just how a medium-large sized company works, they might receive 100's of items each day so if returns came in without any sort of number on someone would have to open each one up and work out where they came from, time == money :)

So like the company I work at if it doesn't have an RMA number on it then it gets delayed (or in OC's case just flat out refused).

So as long as your RMA note does state the changed their mind as the reason for the RMA (Return of Materials Authorisation) then that RMA number they have issued will refer to a DSR on their files.

Good luck (probably sending mine back monday now, just hunting around for some good packaging to go around the box it came in).

Thanks so much mate for responding to my questions.;)

The RMA number is just a means of tracking returns it does not mean its faulty if issued with an RMA. It gives a serial number to the return to make it identifiable and aid processing.
RMA stands for "Return Material Authorization"..

i've just requested an rma for a replacement.
It's too good a monitor to not give it another chance. Will see how the other one is.

EDIT: Was told that I can't get a replacement, just a refund. If I buy another one now and see if that is better before I send mine in, will I still be able to DSR the second one if I am not happy with it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom