• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD 79xx Prices

Just makes the 680 look an even more pointless purchase unless they drop prices on 680's.

Hardly 'even more' lol, why do you think the 680s are selling out? Gibbo has said the 680s compared to the 7970 at launch are selling masses more. I don't have anything against the 7970 but it has to be cheaper than 680 to compete (as per Gibbos account of the 2 launches and obviously why AMD have dropped the price now)

But I guess from your previous 7970 zealtory on this forum you won't believe that and will prefer your red tinted view of the world.

Hardly 'even more' lol, why do you think the 680s are selling out? Gibbo has said the 680s compared to the 7970 at launch are selling masses more. I don't have anything against the 7970 but it has to be cheaper than 680 to compete (as per Gibbos account of the 2 launches and obviously why AMD have dropped the price now)

But I guess from your previous 7970 zealtory on this forum you won't believe that and will prefer your red tinted view of the world.

It does not seem possible that the 680 sold more units than the 7900's throughout the world.

IIRC OcUK where beaten on 7970 pricing by a lot of other e-tailors which limited their sales number and then with the 680 launch OcUK had the most stock and only existing stock globally at some points. So it could be perceived that way if you take OcUK as the only sample of the market.

Even though I did ask in threads about 680's initial launch stock, nothing was confirmed while 7900's we had figures and pyramids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom