HDD bay Bungee mod

Associate
Never seen this done before, but it's a brilliant idea, and there's some really good examples in this thread. I think I might have to give something like this a try on my HDD's :)

Soldato
This is the technique iv used for about 5 years, (Minus the new addition of the elastic banded SSD drive :p need some more elastic)
Elastic used is just some elastic you can buy cheap for boxer shorts etc, really tough elastic though it is, just got it as tight as possible, loop it around tie it at one side with a tripple knot, and slide the hdd in. simples :)

IMG_3150.jpg

Associate
Correct but i don't have anything to mount my ssd in :p

was gonna just blu-tac it to a hdd, but then i thought, well no point in my ssd getting shaken up all its life, plus the heat from the hdds might wreck the ssd.
so i just elastic banded it up lol
All you need for a good SSD mount is a few strips of Velcro!

Associate
Despite getting a new case with anti-vibe HDD mounts, my WD Blue 1TB is still making my whole case vibrate at a resonant frequency that can be heard through the floor. So I'll be doing this on Mon/Tue when the cord gets here :)

Associate
i have used the elasticated pull cord out of an old coat for this before because when i have an idea i want to get it done instantly. Works a treat :D

Soldato
thats really cool, where did you get the bungee from? and whats up with that gpu?

It's boxer shorts elastic that you can get from sewing shops, or well they sell it in my local corner shop lol. its pretty tough elastic aswell its hard to stretch it and tie it in a knot I tell ya. but it works well.

And the second gpu is using a riser and tilted on to let more air into my top gpu because the pci-e slot is so close, the top gpu was starved of air :) check out my project log its got the details on there

Associate
Anyone got an idea of any way to ghetto mount a standard HDD in an air 540's ODD bay that doesn't involve using 5.25>3.5 adapter?

Bungee method doesnt seem to be viable from what i can tell,and ineed as much of the ODD bay space available as possible

carbide-air-540-15-1280x1024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom