Healthier eating, healthy snack ideas?

Caporegime
Incorrect again.

CICO is not valid FACT.

Come back when you are educated on the subject currently you are not.

You can't measure you are not getting it.

You do not even understand what Mass is.

As I said before i'm done you can keep posting all you want feel free but you are making up your own science most of it is mainstream BS.

Could you tell me what time my CICO clock resets everyday ??? ridiculous
Even if you are right (which you aren’t), your attitude and the way you talk to people absolutely stinks.

Soldato
Incorrect again.

CICO is not valid FACT.

Come back when you are educated on the subject currently you are not.

You can't measure you are not getting it.

You do not even understand what Mass is.

As I said before i'm done you can keep posting all you want feel free but you are making up your own science most of it is mainstream BS.

Could you tell me what time my CICO clock resets everyday ??? ridiculous

Finger in ears act?

What part of measuring calories and weighing yourself are you finding hard and incomprehensible and getting angry about.

Calories in - You flip over the packaging of a product and see that a particular brand of cornish pasty is 400 calories per pie. You see that a bottle of water is 0 calories. It carries on. Maybe you have to look up the calories in a banana. You keep a record. You do not exceed the decided calorie limit each day.

Calories out - You weigh yourself consistently, once a day at the same time. The easiest time is in the morning after toilet and before eating/drinking. Over a period of weeks of being consistent in your calorie intake and consistent in your weight measurement you will see 1 of 3 outcomes:

1) weight loss - therefore your calories out are greater than calories you've been consuming
2) no change - your calories out are not significantly different to calories in
3) weight gain - you are consuming more calories than you're burning

If you aren't getting the outcome you wanted, you adjust the calorie limit and repeat for more weeks and check again.

What do you think fat is. A few % of body fat is essential but the rest is excess calories being stored. By keeping a disciplined record of the calories you consume and a consistent weight measurement you will understand how many calories you personally burn in your daily life and what calorie consumption is needed to change your weight in the direction you want.

Associate
Even if you are right (which you aren’t), your attitude and the way you talk to people absolutely stinks.

I am correct.

Provide the science which shows otherwise I would like to see a controlled study on a human which backs up the CICO claim. (no such study exists)

It comes across as a stinky attitude in your opinion (maybe that is because you are incorrect and do not like it)

This is an area I am trained in and have listened to people for a long time spreading around so much nonsense.

Finger in ears act?

What part of measuring calories and weighing yourself are you finding hard and incomprehensible and getting angry about.

Calories in - You flip over the packaging of a product and see that a particular brand of cornish pasty is 400 calories per pie. You see that a bottle of water is 0 calories. It carries on. Maybe you have to look up the calories in a banana. You keep a record. You do not exceed the decided calorie limit each day.

Calories out - You weigh yourself consistently, once a day at the same time. The easiest time is in the morning after toilet and before eating/drinking. Over a period of weeks of being consistent in your calorie intake and consistent in your weight measurement you will see 1 of 3 outcomes:

1) weight loss - therefore your calories out are greater than calories you've been consuming
2) no change - your calories out are not significantly different to calories in
3) weight gain - you are consuming more calories than you're burning

If you aren't getting the outcome you wanted, you adjust the calorie limit and repeat for more weeks and check again.

What do you think fat is. A few % of body fat is essential but the rest is excess calories being stored. By keeping a disciplined record of the calories you consume and a consistent weight measurement you will understand how many calories you personally burn in your daily life and what calorie consumption is needed to change your weight in the direction you want.

As I said you are uneducated in this subject you need to stop spreading misinformation.

What time does CICO clock reset everyday it's a simple question if we work by number counting every person should know this.

You do not understand what a calorie is I will explain it very simple a unit of heat (Do we eat heat)

1) weight loss - this can easily be achieved by going to the toilet or sweating (sweating method is what people use to cut weight when competing)

your own words water 0 calories ok lets go with that if a person drops a lot of water weight they would have lost 0 calories no matter the volume this should mean based of your model the person would still weigh the same amount (again ridiculous you are not understanding mass)

2) no change - ok tell this to people who are very skinny who can easily eat 4000+ of your so called calories and not gain anything yet another person who eats 1500 is gaining.
3) weight gain - same as above

You have ignored genetics, metabolism, a person health status, age and another large list of other variables.

Do you know what a construct is?

You know what a Calorimeter is as well right and how it works?

Humans are an open thermodynamic system.

When you start to study don't forget to look into ATP.

Final thing I am 100% done now in here if you want to start another thread go for it.

Associate
You have ignored genetics, metabolism, a person health status, age and another large list of other variables.

They haven't though, CICO is a very simple concept - if you eat fewer calories than you burn you will lose weight, or at least fat and muscle mass, also glycogen reserves.

That doesn't ignore factors that will reduce energy usage (calories out). There's no need for "clock reset", it's an average.

If you burn 3000 calories a day, on average, regardless if your age, height, weight etc. and only eat 1500 on average you will lose mass. It's thermodynamics, if the energy burned doesn't come from an outside source (food) it will come from energy stores (fat, muscle and glycogen).

Of course eating certain foods will increase the amount of energy you burn, but that is only increasing the calories out part of CICO, not invalidating it. You can also eat a high salt diet, increasing water retention and not lose weight, but you will still lose mass.

Provide the science which shows otherwise I would like to see a controlled study on a human which backs up the CICO claim. (no such study exists)

"Weight gain or loss is not primarily determined by varying proportions of CHO and fat in the diet, but instead by the number of calories ingested. Changes in EE, which metabolic pathways are used and other considerations are quite modest when compared with caloric intake"

Basically, eat fewer calories, lose weight.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am correct.

It comes across as a stinky attitude in your opinion (maybe that is because you are incorrect and do not like it)

This is an area I am trained in and have listened to people for a long time spreading around so much nonsense.

As I said you are uneducated in this subject you need to stop spreading misinformation.

What time does CICO clock reset everyday it's a simple question if we work by number counting every person should know this.

You do not understand what a calorie is I will explain it very simple a unit of heat (Do we eat heat)

1) weight loss - this can easily be achieved by going to the toilet or sweating (sweating method is what people use to cut weight when competing)

your own words water 0 calories ok lets go with that if a person drops a lot of water weight they would have lost 0 calories no matter the volume this should mean based of your model the person would still weigh the same amount (again ridiculous you are not understanding mass)

2) no change - ok tell this to people who are very skinny who can easily eat 4000+ of your so called calories and not gain anything yet another person who eats 1500 is gaining.
3) weight gain - same as above

Do you know what a construct is?

You know what a Calorimeter is as well right and how it works?

Humans are an open thermodynamic system.

When you start to study don't forget to look into ATP.

Final thing I am 100% done now in here if you want to start another thread go for it.

Trained in! Words are cheap and you are spouting.

Water weight is variable hence the necessity to be consistent and honest when weighing yourself.

You weigh yourself consistently, once a day at the same time. The easiest time is in the morning after toilet and before eating/drinking. Over a period of weeks of being consistent in your calorie intake and consistent in your weight measurement you will see 1 of 3 outcomes:

You see, this was said before you started rambling about water. Along with the requirement to take measurements over weeks.

A skinny person who eats 4000 calories without gaining weight is burning 4000 calories. A professional cyclist can eat 8000 calories and still lose weight while competing.

A sedentary person may indeed gain weight on 1500 calories.

It doesn't matter. What matters is knowing the calories being fed to the body and honestly weighing yourself over a long period of time to discover what intake of calories will get the desired outcome of increasing, decreasing or stabilising your weight. Notice I'm not giving any number since this depends on the person and their circumstances.

Soldato

That's what the poster is referring to, albeit in an unnecessarily confrontationial manner.

Ultimately, the best (not the only) thing to do is to avoid junk food, keep treats to a minimum, eat a balanced diet, exercise, and don't eat too much of anything. Find out what works for your body and mind, adjusting as you go.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like that doctor was writing to "invite discussion".

Not a single time in the whole page despite using the word "myth" twice does he actually say it doesn't work.

In fact he leans incredibly hard on the stupidity of "online apps" making exact calorie predictions to prop his article up by attacking why you can't predict calorie requirements.

Yeah, so why try to predict it ...aaaand the article falls over because that was his entire angle in it.

Measuring intake and checking weight in a sustained and honest way over a long period of time solves everything he's calling an issue.

Back
Top Bottom