Healthy eating

Soldato
Healthy eating isn't hard or difficult.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/eight-tips-for-healthy-eating/

Well balanced diet/meals is fairly straightforward.

Drink lots of water/no sugar fluids

Millions of recipes to choose from or just make your own based on what you like to eat. It's about limiting the junk/processed foods/sugar content stuff.

Joe Wicks books/Pinch of Nom - anything like these books to get you started if your struggling.

Soldato
I need lower blood pressure. What's some good healthy meals?

I know NHS advertise one: Salmon and broccolli.

stop adding salt to food. Use low salt stock cubes. Eat less processed food and meat. If you consume caffeine, cut it right back.

Sub continental cuisine will be really good for you. Also healthy stir fries.

Associate
There is no such thing 'per se' as "Healthy Eating" you just watch the amount that you are eating. You will not avoid processed foods or sugar as sugar is in just about everything. Natural sugars polyols are inherently better than processed sugars.

Soldato
Avoiding processed food and ready meals is helpful as they usually have high levels of salt and other unhealthy substances. If you are able to prepare food from fresh ingredients you know exactly what is going into it. Junk food again is similar.

Soldato
Weird advice, I'd be able to buy the following at my local:
Gardening supplies, Xbox Games, Milk, Seafood, Pork Pies, Ham, bread, cakes, ice cream and frozen chips/veg.
lol!
most places design the fresh stuff around the edge,
my standard issue sainsburys would be: veg, fruit, meat, butcher, baker, cleaning supplies, alcohol (woops), frozen section (mostly also woops but frozen veg is handy),
skipping stuff in aisles like: tea/coffee, dairy, chocolate/sweets, crisps, cereal, ready meals.
it's a good rule of thumb for most supermarkets.

Soldato
This might say more about where you live. Cigarettes, ready to eat lunch, children's toys, TVs, pharmacy, meat rotisserie, continental hams, meat, fish, doughnuts, bread, baking supplies, cereals, biscuits, wine, beer.

If you don't do much cooking now, I always recommend this book. There is a strong focus on meals that need limited number of items, which are readily accessible and don't take too long to cook: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HelloFresh-Recipes-that-step-step/dp/1784724653/

Associate
Cook stuff from scratch using fresh ingredients (lean meat, fish, greens and grains), cut out caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes and processed food, get plenty of exercise. If that doesn't work then you'll need a doctor to tell you why your body isn't working properly.

Back
Top Bottom