Heating on yet ?

Caporegime
Gf too is moaning about the cold

She can moan some more as the thermostat is wireless and really complicated she doesn't stand a chance

So not yet :p
Besides htpc/tv/amp keeps living room toasty

The cold is a friend to my cold heart
remind her there is a certain activity that happens between two consenting adults that generates a lot of body heat

Soldato
Was cold last night, heating only still on early morning before we get up and late afternoon before we get home for a couple of hours. I do have a toddler so I have to keep the house reasonably warm.

Just glad I got new doors fitted last year, has made a massive difference on the ground floor.

Man of Honour
Not yet fortunately as our flat is well insulated and has double glazing and doesn't get affected by the cold too much. Even during very cold winters the heaters only come on briefly just to take the edge off, then we just wear a jumper.

Associate
We've not turned ours on yet but with the recent change in the weather I can't see it being long until it's needed. Saying that, I was playing on my PC last night and the room it's in was markedly warmer than downstairs so perhaps I'll just use that instead! :D

Caporegime
Did this morning, woke up and it was feezing, went downstairs to see the thermostat was at 17c so whacked the heating on for a bit..20 mins later it was reading 19c, usually keep my house at a nice cosy 20c during the winter.

Soldato
Maybe for an hour or two in the evening, but just for the living room. Our front door is very drafty and our street is particularly windy as its quite isolated. House holds heat well though aside from the crap front door.

Also need a new thermostat as the ones we have are just the worst. So inaccurate, they have clearly been designed by a special *********.

Associate
I've had triple glazing installed recently to replace single glazing and it's made such a difference to my place. Could probably go until Christmas without putting the heating on if it wasn't needed to dry clothes.

Back
Top Bottom