Heating on yet ?

Soldato
I use my pc to heat my room in winter. If i shut the windows and doors it can get up to 18c ifs its 10c outside. Since my 6200 died its been a lot cooler though :(. Its currently 12c in here.

Soldato
Its been ridiculously warm for the last couple of weeks but suddenly the last couple of days the temperature has plummeted, I've had get the long trousers out for the first time in at least 3 months and even put a pullover over the t-shirt. If I keep all the doors shut I can keep the heat in for now, I think.

Man of Honour
Heating has been switched on during colder snaps since the beginning of September, the main reason being that the baby's room is so much colder than the rest of the house. I think that room is haunted.

I can't understand that people will let indoor temperatures get to below ~17C. Anything colder than that is just not comfortable indoors.

Last edited:
Soldato
Heating has been switched on during colder snaps since the beginning of September, the main reason being that the baby's room is so much colder than the rest of the house. I think that room is haunted.

I can't understand that people will let indoor temperatures get to below ~17C. Anything colder than that is just not comfortable indoors.

I agree, I'm sitting here at my PC with my dressing gown on too :p

My mum had a go at me for having a heater on saying "I don't want to know how much electric that will use" when she runs 100W lightbulbs >_>

Man of Honour
For the first time since last winter, the front room temp dropped to 15 degrees (mostly because the front door was open quite a bit)

I put the heating to come on this morning, first time since April... it's quite nice. Stupid weather.

I don't need it on. I'll just sit here by my PC in my office being warm :)

Soldato
Heating came on this morning just as I got up so it must be cold out as stat is set to 15c

Have had log burner going for 3 or 4 weeks now though.

Dave (we are on oil)

Associate
The GF has had it on most evenings recently. Bit cold in the morning but pointless for the amount of time spent before going to work. Then when its reached 21°C she still has to have a blanket!

Soldato
Wish i'd worn my beanie to work this morning, got to work with ear ache from the chilly breeze :(

Starting to feel like hat, gloves and thicker coat might be required. Past 2 days have felt like it's time for heating again.....my boiler looks like it was built in the 1960s though so it's really **** and probably very inefficient :(

Soldato
this were folding comes in handy ;) your pc is already on most of the time, running folding@home keeps the house at a nice temp :cool: gpu folding deffantly does inaway

last year I don't think I touched my heating once, I let the pc heat the place up and because I just keep it on 24/7 it always stayed warm

How about your heating at work, guys?

I work in the admin block for a hospital and our radiators are controlled globally. Some clever cloggs decided that 1st September was the ideal date to turn them all on. Cue us arriving at sweltering offices at 9AM and having to open all of the windows. You can literally see the £1 coins dropping out of the windows. Waste of taxpayers' money.

Associate
After I overclocked the heck out of my PC I literally don't need to turn on the heating.. maybe when it goes to single digits outside, but right now.. an hour or two of gaming and the living room is in proper temperatures.

Though heating is so damn expensive anyway that I wear a thick hoodie indoors no matter what. I only heat the room if fingers are freezing.

Back
Top Bottom