Hell Let Loose - Console Edition

Soldato
I started this morning due to it being on gamepass. I am experienced though as I played on pc last year.
Just had another quick go as thr Wife had a shower - LOVING the new players - they're really helping me get the last unlock for Assault lol.

Had about 20-30 minutes around Kursk, sneaking around, taking people out etc - then jumped on arty for the last 20 or so minutes. Almost every round I fired got a hit, it was brilliant, 100 kills in all, and actually got the enemy Commander with one shell lol :D

Soldato
What’s the general consensus on this now any good? Someone at work mentioned it the other day.
Imo it's been brilliant since release on PS5 - I was all set to buy it, then it came out for free on release day woop woop.

If you want the best experience, you need a squad on comms - otherwise, it's a lonely old slog, made worse of your Squad Lead isn't putting down the squad spawn points (OPs); as you'll be walking for ages!

I must be getting close to 600 hours in, and it's still one of my go to games, and still manages to keep me enthralled

Soldato
At the start of a game where you choose what squad you want to be in and the starting spawn point, I cant talk to anyone in my squad so can't tell what spawn point to start at? Am I doing anything wrong, settings etc during setup? I can talk and hear in game if that helps.

Soldato
At the start of a game where you choose what squad you want to be in and the starting spawn point, I cant talk to anyone in my squad so can't tell what spawn point to start at? Am I doing anything wrong, settings etc during setup? I can talk and hear in game if that helps.
Nope, that's how it works I'm afraid. There still seems to be a glitch, where you can get comms up early though - press/hold the map key (touch bar on PS5) and you can then use the comms button (triangle on PS5) to talk to squad/prox/command

Associate
I gave this a go on XBOX when it arrived on Gamepass, I was intrigued but started to get frustrated with the controls (or rather, the finer details of aiming with a bolt action rifle only to get shot constantly).
However, bought a laptop to try it on PC, loved it so much better, so just ordering a new PC.
When you get a good squad, it really makes the game. The camaraderie can make up for disasters on the battle field or, as I managed the other night, getting headshot by an artillery shell !

So if nothing else, this game alone has reignited my interest in PC gaming after about 10 years.

Soldato
I gave this a go on XBOX when it arrived on Gamepass, I was intrigued but started to get frustrated with the controls (or rather, the finer details of aiming with a bolt action rifle only to get shot constantly).
However, bought a laptop to try it on PC, loved it so much better, so just ordering a new PC.
When you get a good squad, it really makes the game. The camaraderie can make up for disasters on the battle field or, as I managed the other night, getting headshot by an artillery shell !

So if nothing else, this game alone has reignited my interest in PC gaming after about 10 years.
Get free game, respond by dropping a couple of grand on new hardware on a different platform. This is the way of the forums and how we live. Don't question, just do.

Soldato
Could have saved yourself the money, and just tweaked the controls lol - the rifles are pretty easy to shoot on controller, once you put the practice in and find the right settings for yourself.

Added benefit to using a pad (imo) is most people are in the same situation and struggle to aim, makes it a bit more 'realistic' in a way - as having twitch like UT reactions in HLL just doesn't seem right. It's a lot more of a tactical game, where you need to plan your movement and your attacks.

Back
Top Bottom