Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
I was kinda able to cheese it, I was killed, then reinforced. I managed to land on a big rock near a base, and the Charger was just stationary underneath me waiting for me to move, and easy target for a resupply pod! Wasn't even aware there was an achievement for it.
I suspect you could also do it from range with some luck, or by utilising the stun grenades.

Good thinking the stasis field things would make it easier as well.

Associate
I've had a number of matches with varying levels of idiots, I think the most annoying people are the ones who think other players are stealing from them. They die, drop all of their stuff and somebody else recovers their samples, or even a weapon or backpack, and get a team kill as their reward. These are usually the ones who are of limited help and just run around trying to collect things on their own for 'themselves'.

Bad players I don't mind if there's a friendly atmosphere/messages and they are at least trying. Sometimes those are the best games when you beat it against the odds with players fumbling everywhere in a panic.

As with any online game though, you genuinely wonder how some can be so bad at a game, I suspect there's a good number of high level players who have the rank purely from grinding the survival/reduce numbers missions and know little about how things actually work beyond that scenario.

Man of Honour
I've had a number of matches with varying levels of idiots, I think the most annoying people are the ones who think other players are stealing from them. They die, drop all of their stuff and somebody else recovers their samples, or even a weapon or backpack, and get a team kill as their reward. These are usually the ones who are of limited help and just run around trying to collect things on their own for 'themselves'.

Bad players I don't mind if there's a friendly atmosphere/messages and they are at least trying. Sometimes those are the best games when you beat it against the odds with players fumbling everywhere in a panic.

As with any online game though, you genuinely wonder how some can be so bad at a game, I suspect there's a good number of high level players who have the rank purely from grinding the survival/reduce numbers missions and know little about how things actually work beyond that scenario.

The game doesn't indicate a lot of this stuff which doesn't help.

Caporegime
have they added FMF?!
You turn it on inin the amd adrenaline drivers then if you enable the amd overlay it shows you the frame rate +the extra frames while the steam overlay just shows the game engine frames.

As the card renders the frames outside the game engine aprently

Man of Honour

Funny thing is I had a feeling it was possible, just one of those things with a bit of game programming experience you wonder if they've accounted for. (You can do it the other way around as well if someone is stuck in the ship entry bit to get them back into the ship - though I just tell them to wait until the mission starts as it moves all players to their hellpods anyhow).

Last edited:
Soldato
I played about 4-5 hours now.

I'm not quite sure it deserves all the hype it's getting, the game is ok.... It's fun to pick up for a bit don't get me wrong, but it's pretty basic and already starting to feel a bit repetitive.

There are several free to play games with basically the same style of gameplay/character grind.

Anyway, I will keep playing it for now, it is very chill, almost the opposite of PUBG, which can be sweaty, and maybe something will click with a few more hours.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not quite sure it deserves all the hype it's getting, the game is ok.... It's fun to pick up for a bit don't get me wrong, but it's pretty basic and already starting to feel a bit repetitive.

Yeah something I found odd - people at work raving about it like it is some revolution in gaming, it is fun and I'm still jumping in, but it is something which has been done many times before - when you really break it down it isn't even that different from something like Serious Sam just with a bit more fluff around it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I played about 4-5 hours now.

There are several free to play games with basically the same style of gameplay/character grind.

Anyway, I will keep playing it for now, it is very chill, almost the opposite of PUBG, which can be sweaty, and maybe something will click with a few more hours.
If you aren't level 20 then you don't have access to half of the kit tbh. Not saying it opens up into this incredible industry changing game, but it's a bit more fun.

I agree it's a bit overhyped. But that's more due to the lack of good fun games in recent years than anything else.

Soldato
If you aren't level 20 then you don't have access to half of the kit tbh. Not saying it opens up into this incredible industry changing game, but it's a bit more fun.

I agree it's a bit overhyped. But that's more due to the lack of good fun games in recent years than anything else.

Yea it's not terrible, it's no Starfield don't get me wrong, it's fun.

It's not game of the year though.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Fair comments but if you compare for example Starfield as you did, what budget was spent on that and how much 'fun' has it been? Myself I rarely spend a lot on game titles opting for them to drop in price before committing but as HD2 was £25 off the bat from key site it doesn't have to live up to any expectation which is hard to say from some of the big titles getting released.

Soldato
I get left4dead levels of enjoyment out of the game, that's a rare thing these days where games are generally trying to micro-transaction you to death or push some underlying message about gamers, society or some other nonsense.

It's just a game wanting to be fun and satirical. I can do that.

Soldato
I get left4dead levels of enjoyment out of the game, that's a rare thing these days where games are generally trying to micro-transaction you to death or push some underlying message about gamers, society or some other nonsense.

100%,

I think I put about 1k hours into the original L4D and L4D2, then around 2-3k hours into killing-floor 1 and killing floor 2, and so on. (all with friends)

It's the challenge to survive, when you get all the gear and everyone is a high level, and you end up on the highest difficulty, it's the challenge that gives these games the replay factor.

Back
Top Bottom