Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
Aaaand crashed to desktop...

EDIT: Got one good 60 evac game in aside from dropping a 500Kg bomb and then seeing the marker jump half way back to me and kill me just as the payload came in... *shakes head*

EDIT2: Actually wasn't what happened watching the video back :( it passed over a shipping container thing on the ground about half way between me and where I intended it to go and it seems those "grab" them and they land flat on top instead of the thrown marker continuing trajectory, so I saw it continue past a bit before looking away and then it snapped back to the top of the container and landed there :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know if levels are retrospectively applied? seeing quite a few people level 70+ already in just a couple of games today.
Have they increased the level cap now? so its no longer 50?

I just got to 50 this weekend and thought that it was done with lol

Soldato
Aaaand crashed to desktop...
I need you’re in game name, not to harass you or owt just so I can avoid you as you’re jinxed I reckon :p
Joking aside, think it was when pubg (or apex legends, can’t 100% remember) first came out, most everyone I played with was finding it fine (bar the odd issue) but the game was just a complete cluster**** for me of crashes and crap. Came good eventually but it was close to going in the bin a few times in the early days.

Man of Honour
I need you’re in game name, not to harass you or owt just so I can avoid you as you’re jinxed I reckon :p
Joking aside, think it was when pubg (or apex legends, can’t 100% remember) first came out, most everyone I played with was finding it fine (bar the odd issue) but the game was just a complete cluster**** for me of crashes and crap. Came good eventually but it was close to going in the bin a few times in the early days.

Just crashed to desktop again right at the end of a good mission :( FFS.

I play as Rroff BTW.

EDIT: Looks like I did actually get the rewards for it though so there is that.

I'm 90% sure many of these sudden exits to desktop (without a crash) are a Game Guard fault.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think a lot of the crashes people are getting are either Game Guard screwing up, OR desyncs between the game/other players, as the game relies on a P2P system. Multiple times now people doing various things have triggered crashes on other players in the party; so the game seems to rely a little too heavily on stable P2P connections, and doesn't recover that well.

Man of Honour
Game Guard seems to get its knickers in a twist quite a bit causing crashes from my casual monitoring of it - I'm not really sure what is going on or how it works but at some points some of the files seem to change especially the nplsm.des file, then client starts crashing a lot, removing it and forcing it to update itself seems to result in most of the crashes going away for some time until GG files change again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Game Guard seems to get its knickers in a twist quite a bit causing crashes from my casual monitoring of it - I'm not really sure what is going on or how it works but at some points some of the files seem to change especially the nplsm.des file, then client starts crashing a lot, removing it and forcing it to update itself seems to result in most of the crashes going away for some time until GG files change again.
After the game updated I deleted the gameguard folder and verified files again to re create it all just to make sure it does not cause any issues later on

Soldato
The crashes are to stop helldivers from invading peaceful Terminid planets.
The bugs have done nothing wrong, stop this aggresion!

RvZ5Ns9.gif

Soldato
if you hit level 50 within last few weeks the progress u made over that time will be added on when u play on this new patch..

my mate logged in and was level 75...

so i should be around 60+

Man of Honour
They need to fix the shuttle instantly departing when one person boards - someone on the team I was on had 15 samples when it happened and they were not happy!

Also stims, etc. need to instantly apply, I understand the gameplay reasons for it happening otherwise but there are just too many reliability issues with a game approach like this and a P2P model like this...

EDIT: Also I had 24 medals before the mission and now have 20 LOL - do you lose them for anything like the misconduct for civilians dying? otherwise yet another game bug.

This was a fairly hilarious bug as well:

en6cCYi.png

One of the people on my team was just a backpack, gun and shield and the equipment was moving around like legs, so it looked like a mini robot gun running around shooting stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was getting a bunch of crashes at a LANParty over the weekend. Had played a fair bit with no issues, jumped and played some other games and then in the evening went back to HD2. Game would hard crash and reboot my machine before getting into the game consistently. Dug through event logs and found various event log messages along the following lines:
"The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error:
The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage."

Found the below on Reddit and was able to fix the issues. https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHel...input_service_stops_working_after_windows_11/
Seems likely that one of the games I installed/played between HD2 sessions put an incompatible version off GameInput on my machine.

Not sure this will help others here, but figured it was worth mentioning!

Man of Honour
They need to fix the shuttle instantly departing when one person boards

From talking to someone last time this happened it seems to be some kind of synchronisation issue - they say they boarded and saw the 20 second countdown and were apologising because they hadn't realised until they boarded 2 players were half-way across the map (to be fair it looked like they were nearby from the angle we were at), and wondering why I was just standing there as the timer counted down. I was standing by the shuttle waiting, along with the other player so I thought, for the other 2 to get back to the extraction and on my screen the shuttle instantly took off when the other player boarded (no countdown).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom